Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I would like to propose that we set up a 'Friends of the Harringay Passage'.

This crucial 'spine' of the Harringay Ladder has been neglected for too long and maybe a community group will get their voices heard by Haringey Council more effectively than a few individuals.

The aims of the group could be:

- to keep the planters looking nice,

- work with the council to design out fly-tipping hot spots and remove street clutter

- design a Masterplan for making the Passage work better for pedestrians

- street party at the widest section, between Effingham and Fairfax!

Let me know if you are interested, and if enough people are then we could have an inaugural meeting in January.

Regards

Adam

Tags for Forum Posts: friends of harringay passage

Views: 4675

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you seen what we did for the 2010 elections, Phil? If you're genuinely not affiliated to a particular party, I'd welcome your contributing to material on HoL this time round.

OK, right; I think I get pretty much where you're coming from.

Not announcing candidates until February is a real disadvantage, Karen. I know that a few of your party's best people are standing down. I haven't heard about the worst, but we can hope.  Although I know of at least one outstanding new candidate.

Personally I think the diseased state of party politics in Haringey - in all three main parties -  makes it vital to have reliable information about the individuals standing  as candidates in May. Mr Mustard's countdown clock is showing 128 days to go. So time is running out for as many people as possible to get a chance to meet and find out about the candidates. And I don't mean the (mostly) pretence of "doorstep" canvassing calls.

Just to clarify, none of this means there's any chance of my voting for a Tory. It's not just my heart and my head.  My hand just wouldn't be able to hold the pencil to mark the ballot paper. That applies even for Tories wearing (our) red or (your) yellow rosettes!

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor 1998-2014)

Hi- just to confirm, because tings have chopped and changed a little- the meeting it tomorrow, yes? This is what I currently have, is this still correct?

Tuesday 14th January at 7pm in the Falkland Centre, North Harringay Primary School. The entrance is on Frobisher Road, just next to the Harringay Passage (opposite 59 Frobisher Rd). Thank you to North Harringay for letting us use this venue.

That's correct

A reminder that this meeting is TONIGHT at 7 at the Falkland Centre, Frobisher Road. 

I was hoping to make it down tonight but I'm not going to make it.

Glad to be involved and help in any future plans.

Daniel.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service