Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I think all my carefully stored stuff has just been destroyed by the huge blaze which started there last night and is all over the news...has anyone else been affected?

Views: 2732

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, can someone anyone get back to me so I can be added to the group? I went to Safehouse twice last week and spoke with a guy called Dimesh who took my number to give to someone to add to the WhatsApp group but I've heard nothing, and no replies to my phone calls.

Really appreciate any communication

bleue

Have just sent you a message Bleue. Just message me your number.

Hi all i learnt a week after the fire that all my personal possessions and papers mementoes from decades back etc have burnt down. Am left with nothing.

would like to access the whatsapp group if possible, could you please send me a pm? unfortunately do not own smartphone but can use a friend's.

yesterday i went up there, place is out of bounds as investigation still ongoing.Message on website saying people will be refunded in time.Staff say roof fell through and everything melted down,nothing can be retrieved, they are not allowed themselves in.Only offices untouched.

Coincidentally just a week before the disaster mayor of london S.Khan and Harringay council announced that they had approved the huge budget towards tottenham s "regeneration",linked to the new private football stadium.

I wonder what will be done with the land, if the boss will rebuild his business or not.

In 2013 the steel factory which was resisting the compulsory purchase order was set fire to.

Hi Eva. I'm. Sorry to hear this - I of course understand. I've sent you a connection request so that you can message me your number privately so you can be added to the group.

I have had storage with Safe House at White heart lane for many years with my paintings, prints, drawings, books and etching plates, I am a fine artist.

I have noticed over the past years that security was very slack and this summer when I was putting new paintings into the storage I noticed a large amount of tyres and some gas cylinders. Some people were using their storage as offices and in winter using gas cylinder fires to keep warm.

I wondered what would happen if there was a fire , I felt that it could easily happen as there was no monitoring of activity or security.

I ask the staff why I was put in zone F which seemed to be the busiest of them all and they said it was it was easier for them as they were the nearest to the offices. 

I really don’t think that safe house knew what was being stored on their premises , and I fell that they were extremely negligent.

I would like to connect with others in the whats app group ,how do I do this ?

many thanks 

Stella 

Hi Celia 

Yes I have been affected and lost a life times art work ,they said I was only covered for £1000. But I really think it was due to safe house neglect 

stella 

Hi Stella. I will send you a connection request so that you can send me your number privately. I'll then add you to the whatsapp group. I agree with everything you have said.

great thank you

Hi Stella. I don't think you have WhatsApp as we've not been able to add you to the group. You can either download Whats App or we also have a Facebook page where you can leave your details via a form we have set up https://www.facebook.com/groups/118916428796606 

my whats app number is +447961838850

thank you 

Stella 

Hi all,

Sorry to hear of your losses, I work for BBC London and I am looking into this story - I was wondering whether anyone might be willing to tell me a bit more me about what has happened following the fire? If so, could you please email me on robert.hawkins@bbc.co.uk.

Thanks very much.

Hi Robbie. I'm part of a core group bringing together people who have been affected by the fire. I'll drop you a line. Thanks.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service