Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Good morning -

Asking for some advice. I found a dead fox cub next to my terrace this morning with its head detached / torn off (??). The council does not collect dead animals from private property; only from public spaces. Any suggestions on who to call to dispose of it? My handling it is not an option - I can hardly bring myself to look at it :(

Any pointers would be really appreciated.

Tags for Forum Posts: foxes

Views: 2788

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Horrible but really interesting that that's what they do. Who knew!

You're not a country person, are you

I tell you, I see a great deal more foxes in the city than I ever did in the country. In fact we've been unable to use a particular room in the office I work in due to the delicate stench of decomposing fox waffling through it from under the floorboards.
Ditto. I spent the first 10 years of my life in the middle of nowhere (not far from "Where the Hell is That") in the Pennines and saw my first fox in London. Anyway, if you think this tale is a bit yuck you should see what carrion crows do to dead sheep!

Or, indeed, what foxes do to hens. The fox is one of the few animals which seem to kill for pleasure.

Don't spread such rubbish..

And of course cats don't?

How many birds, fish, mice have my cats brought home, played with for hours and not eaten?  But of course, they are nice and cuddly and not so smelly.

I didn't say foxes were the only ones. Cats too, of course. And humans.

Seem to... ...but don't. For example

I too was brought up in the countryside, in deepest Co Armagh, and like Michael & Anne-Marie have seen way more foxes - and wildlife - in London than I ever saw in the countryside.

....skulks off

OK, it's instinct, not pleasure. Not much consolation to the farmer who has just lost all his hens, with carcases strewn everywhere.

And there's all that local artwork strewn everywhere too...

I love these wall foxes... particularly the top two...

we should get a vigilante group together and show these so called foxes what for

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service