Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

From extensive research undertaken today it would appear that the council have given Haringey Council lorries carte blanche to ignore the 7.5t access only limits on the Ladder.

My morning began with a phone call to Structural Steelwork and Engineering Ltd of Lea Valley after I took a movie of one of their trucks using my road as a shortcut. Using the A406 for them must be torture at the moment so of course they're taking shortcuts down Lausanne Rd. After a very nice phone call to the foreman, who also has a speedhump outside his house, I got a promise that he would speak to the driver and check the tracker in his vehicle. Sure he tried to tell me that the truck could have been 7.5t but after insisting that no way could he get that amount of steel on a 7.5t truck he looked it up, 18t.

Anyway, a not so productive time with Haringey Council later on in the day. Their vehicle impounding yard is in Mary Neuner Rd and they can't get to that from Turnpike Lane as there's no right turn. They HAVE to use a ladder road, be it Warham or Lausanne or whatever and their vehicle impounding lorries are at least 12t. So I got on my bike and meandered on down there after taking a nice movie of an impounding vehicle who couldn't hear me clearly enough the first time asking him what he was doing so came around the block.

Video here.

Down at the Haringey Vehicle Pound I spoke to someone who was actually quite good at saying nothing and I expect to see in politics one day. First he tried to accuse me of having this bee under my bonnet because I had previously had a vehicle impounded by the council. Then he tried to say that their trucks were 7.5t (pull the other one sunshine, my father sold trucks, I know you can't carry another car on 7.5t). The most laughable one was when I said I had a movie of it that I had to show the truck going past the 7.5t access only sign. I asked him to come back with me and see the sign for himself (all I wanted was for him to have a word with the drivers) but he said he didn't have time.

Does anyone else have a lot of the Haringey Council vehicle impounding lorries come down their street?

Tags for Forum Posts: 7.5t, haringeycouncil, hgv, lorries

Views: 724

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did, but I don't want to take up HOL data storage space. I MUST find out how Flikr works :)
I've sent you a message, John.
I spoke on the phone to Ann Cunningham this afternoon. She seemed really lovely, had not understood the implications of the geography and is going to take our situation up further with Mr Curtis and poor old put-upon Mr Kennedy. Fingers crossed.
Email from Morrison Utility Services after I was sent this photo:

A 22t truck breaking Lausanne Rd's weight limit

Dear Mr McMullan

Following on from my colleague Kelly Monger’s email to you, your complaint has now been fully investigated.

Morrison Utility Services takes the safety of our drivers and other road users very seriously and following your e-mail, the driver has been interviewed and disciplined for his actions.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of Morrison Utility Services and thank you for using our Public Feedback Form and for bringing this to our attention.

Kind regards

Lisa Knights
PR Assistant
Morrison Utility Services

I've spoken to and been lied to by too many of these poor working class lorry drivers. No sympathy.
Ontime parking now use Raleigh Rd as a cut through to their depot as the angry man in Lausanne has caught them too often. I can't tell you how depressed this makes me.

Ann Cunningham (head of parking) no longer returns my calls about this.

Nilgun Canver is presumably sitting on a couple of emails from me thinking about a reply.
Don't worry John.

I love taking pictures of heavy machinery in action.

Coincidentally, I have been invited to participate in the next Transport Forum.
Is it because I am a nerd that they don't invite me? I think you should refuse to attend unless I am invited too, they're just doing divide and conquer on us.

I have it on good authority that the OnTime trucks no longer use Lausanne Rd to get back to their depot. Hoorah! Except I also have it on good authority that they now use Raleigh Rd instead. Boo!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service