Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Council Seeks to Move Crossrail 2 from Centre to North of Borough - Last Chance to TfL What you Think

As a result of the Council's aspirations for Wood Green, a further option has been added to the Crossrail 2 route. They want the Ally Pally option routed via Wood Green instead of Turnpike Lane.

Whilst this option may serve the Council's own aspirations, it moves the station away from a point that's as close to the centre of the borough as it's possible to get to one towards the northern boundary. The Turnpike Lane option also looks to be much better connected by road and I believe by bus too. What's more is that the Wood Green option would call for a huge ventilation shaft to be dug in Downhill's Park.

The TfL consultation ends on 8th Jan. If you'd like to have your say on this option click through to the consultation main page or go straight to the questions (If you're only interested in this part of the consultation, you need do no more than answer four questions and give your name.  

Tags for Forum Posts: crossrail, crossrail 2

Views: 4859

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hear hear! I hope the Trustees take note.

The Crossrail 2 station proposed for Alexandra Palace would have an exit on the western side of the tracks at the entrance to the AP park, giving lots of options for a much more convenient shuttle service up the hill than the current bus from Wood Green.

Bob, also, the Heritage Lottery Fund have a large stake in the future of Alexandra Palace, with their multi-million pound grant to improve the east wing. I hope they made a representation.

On page 70 of the big document, the Council shows a matrix of options assessment against their Objectives:

Their favoured Option 4 is coloured green (High-) "alignment with the objective". 

Under 'Creating a connected place' there is a row for "Links to Alexandra Palace". 

Options one to three are all yellow, for medium alignment.

The Council's reasoning for this isn't obvious, as Option 4 assumes Crossrail 2 not running through Alexandra Palace station, while Option 3 assumes Crossrail 2 does run by Alexandra Palace station.

How can links to Alexandra Palace be better with a Crossrail 2 station about double the distance away from the building?

Agreed entirely. And the list is nearly all about enhancing Wood Green's importance. Are other places not worth making better too?

I shall object too.  Doesn't make sense as Turnpike Lane is a major hub for many people in Muswell Hill and Crouch End.  If they wanted to use Cross Rail from Wood Green they would have to travel over Alexandra Palace rather than use the existing bus routes.

I'm in two minds about this. I think the Turnpike Lane route makes more sense and would be more useful to local residents - but it would mean tunnelling right under my house!

If I lived in a house above a proposed Crossrail tunnel I wouldn't be concerned. The depths will be much greater than that of the Piccadilly line, or High Speed 1 which currently has big trains passing through without causing noise or vibration problems.

Deeper than the Piccadilly line? So no Finsbury Park style interchange?

Try telling that to the mortgage companies when you provide your post code to re-mortgage.

Underwriters will be working on the assumptions that anyone within 60 meters of the tunnel will be effected, as that's the distanced compensation could be sought ( or at least that my take so far from all I've read ).

.. and from what I understand, that includes the entrance.
Matt, you took the effort to log into your alter ego account?!

Can anyone provide a direct web link to the page where one can object to this particular proposal please?

I am specifically objecting to a vent tower in Downhills Park.   I've tried to find one but none seem official ??

Hi by1999 and all

The link to the three main options ie Wood Green /Turnpike La/Alexandra palace are at....

https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/crossrail2/october2015/consultation

and you can put comments/objections against each one

Turnpike La does not involve putting a Shaft Building in Downhills Park!

Rod

Most helpful thanks so much!!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service