Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A car exploded on corner of Stanhope Gdns/ Green lanes about 3.50pm. Really hope none hurt but didn't see ambulance,  just firemen. Think it was electric fault with car. Since then no internet or landline. BT say will be fixed by Weds. That's not good for all us working at home. Anyone else having this problem?

Views: 5451

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I used one of the sim comparison sites and then got the deal through carphone warehouse.

We spoke to BT this afternoon; they say phone by 14 October, and broadband by 17 November, but the lady said she would be surprised if it took that long. Still grim.

We did the same as you and got a 'halo', Priya. However, they won't send it to us until Monday, and we still have to ring them up and beg for it in order for that to happen. :-(

Yep, same with me. And as its weekend my order cant be processed till Monday, might get hub by end of next week. Just so strung out now. 

The Langham Club just around the corner (old-fashioned social club) has free Virgin Media 350Mb wi-fi and we're open from 4:30pm weekdays and 1pm on Fridays / 12pm at weekends. If you have any emergency needs, pop in, have a pint and get online. The place is absolutely huge so if you need a bit of space / peace and quiet, you should be fine. https://www.langhamclub.co.uk/

That's good to hear, thanks Langham club. Its very hard to work from home without internet. I've been wanting to come in but had to stay home for 2 weeks after a holiday. I'll be popping in soon. 

Talk Talk are absolute morons. They're giving me a free month when the internet is going to be out for a month and a half and are telling me to get my own dongle.

That's rubbish! BT arent giving me the mini hub for free, I've had to sign up for a new contract. All so annoying.

I came here to open a thread about this ! 

Had no idea so many people were affected

The November date is grim, please don't let that be true! BT will paying out loads of compensation.

I only saw a proper open reach presence on Wednesday. Maybe they are waiting for new equipment to be delivered.

I've managed to haggle BT on the phone and get a £50 credit applied on my account for the massive inconvenience caused.

Fingers crossed it gets sorted next week but not hopeful

There must be a way contact open reach ourselves?

I've had this from Plusnet this am, which is info (with jargon) from OpenReach - I presume EU is "End User"

"Good morning thank you for your continued patience.

I have spoken with Open Reach to find out the latest update and they have advised-

I can see that there is a common fault raised on the number for EU and it is been linked to the Lead Fault and it is a type of fault where EU is affected with the maximum number of circuits under the same area.

The reference number for LEAD fault is LN6NGH09 .

On the LEAD fault I can see that on this fault there is an open reach proactive infrastructure Event raised which is AF-IE-941914825 and the SLA date is for 13-10-2020, so, it is my request for an update on this task please review back on 15-10-2020 or else you can check the tracker for an update.

I do apologise for the delay and inconvenience, as soon as we have an update we will be in touch."

OpenReach don't seem to want to have any contact with end users, I tried to talk to them via twitter on Friday but it was all just generic, not about this case.

FYI, you look to need a log in for all the fault-tracking areas of the OpenReach site, e.g.:

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/serviceproducts/orde...

Thanks for this. 

What a load of gobbledy gook. End User? Jeez, so much for customer care.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service