Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi all,

I recently came across a really inspiring story about a group of residents in Liverpool who transformed the alleyway behind their houses into a green and beautiful space. See the facebook link below for info and pictures. There's a similar project in Middlesborough.

I know that Harringay Passage isn't quite the same as this; none of us have back yards/gardens that open onto the passage.

However, I wonder if many of us could come together, and come up with ideas to make the passage a brighter, greener and more inviting space to walk through? The section nearest to me, between Fairfax and Effingham, happens to be the widest - so lots of opportunity to make it nicer. 

Also - I wondered if ideas such as this had been discussed / tried before?

Best,

Dan (Fairfax Road)

https://www.facebook.com/2305993183055485/posts/2664874260500707/?d=n

Tags for Forum Posts: passage, street planters

Views: 742

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's a great idea but it starts with boring stuff unfortunately. Stop people letting their dogs sh*t all over it, stop takeaways scooters riding up and down it as a cut through, make it safer in the darker hours, especially for women.

I'd prefer this kind of stuff rather than some pretty flowers.

I agree with you. However, I think these two things go hand in hand. I think once you make a statement to say 'this is looked after by residents', some of the behaviour you mention might stop.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service