Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi all, our house on Abbotsford Avenue in N15 just across from Chestnut's Park was burgled yesterday between 2-7 PM. We assume it was more specifically 5-7 PM as the thief/thieves turned on the lights in a few rooms. We believe they came in the front door (we foolishly did not deadbolt it, only shut the latch that we thought acted as a lock and later found out does hardly anything at all except keep the door shut) and left it open when they left.

Either it was very lucky timing or they had been watching the house -- our schedules were very different from what they typically are yesterday.

Please keep an eye out for suspicious people lurking around; hope no one else falls victim to these same burglars!

If anyone spots the following in any pawn shops in the area, we'd so appreciate a heads up:

• Nikon D70 dSLR camera with kit lens (Nikon 18-70 mm) -- my parents gave it to me a decade ago for my high school graduation and I'm sad to have it stolen. Won't be able to replace it; cant afford another. They didn't take the bag or charger, so it will likely be all on its own with the lens.
  • a variety of family heirloom jewellery, mainly rings. The ring below is the one I care about most. My grandmother gave it to me.

Thanks!!

Tags for Forum Posts: black boy lane, burglary, camera, chestnut's park, laptop, n15, nikon, stolen

Views: 515

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

so many burglaries :(

Here's the definitive map. Out your post code in and find the hotspots ....

http://www.police.uk

That's interesting! 5 crimes reported on our road in December 2013, no burglaries though.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service