Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I'm looking forward to all the cheap not for profit food. ;)

Let's hope the party doesn't finish without an apology and suddenly disappear like threads around here
sometimes. X

Views: 1573

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Or you can just shrug as the old curmudgeon moans ever on in clever prose...

Everyone was getting their knickers in a twist about this 'trading' nonsense. As far as I could see a fellow member of this community was getting off her arse in order to create some social capital. Social capital that would likely benefit many of us, including those more happy to moan thank actively engage. At the same time she was effectively accused of creating an illegal market in a new secondary traded commodity- a CPZ A car parking permit. What was actually happening was a transaction (at face value- with no profit potential), because she was advised to by a council officer. How often do we see folks here asking for a permit here and there?

I think Jessica should have been a bit more straight about her intended use, but a lot of you were quick to take a contrary position, even though you could have done the same maths I did to work out their intended use. But, that would not be any fun would it?

I think the '?' Wasn't over Jessica but over the perking parmit rules and regs. The rules seem to be that you can't swap or sell them but the advice from the council is 'it's fine, you can if you like' I've seen posts where people are asking for 1 or 2 but not for 30! If an event such as the bloc party (whatever that is) is being planned, surely parking can be organised in advance? Permits are for visitors aren't they? I resent giving them to trades people too actually, there are routes for housing association or other contractors to take to sort out their own perking parmits but usually they can't be bothered to go to Apex house or wherever to do that. Also, no...I didn't immediately assume 'oh yeah, that's for the party'. It's not in my diary. Besides, every day is party time here on the Warehouse border :-)

Justin Guest, just what's your problem with "clever prose"? Your "social capital" buzz words seem a lot more like "clever prose" than I'd usually practise.

As for the real point at issue, Sharon deals with it effectively here - as did Alan, FPR and one or two others on the earlier disappeared thread.

Perking Parmit says:
Attachments:

Perking Parmit

If I'd known this would become such a system of perks for some, I'd never have parmitted them to impose a CPZ in the first place.

[More of your damn clever prose, Curmudgeon?]

There's a demand! Maybe HOL should have a deep web account. One HOLer yesterday was prepared to pay a tenner for 2!
If only poeple would sometimes
The result will be much worse for the local area if these tickets are encouraged to be passed on in large quantities to people that don't live in the area, even for good reason.

I've got a premises near me that has two or three wedding party's a week. If a few people start laying off wedges of tickets to this place, the health of local people will deteriate. Also I can guarantee they would be able to position themselves in a way they can be seen as , ' not for profit ' very easily.

The rules do seem to be fairly clear ... 'not to be passed on to' someone who is 'unauthorised' to originally recieve them.

The bloc party is an exception in that the tickets were being allocated to stall holders but the request was also for unlimited tickets to someone who is openly a third party, not a local and a known trader.

The councils application of the rules, given the advice they seemingly gave twice now, seems to be faiirly neglectful of a principle that was supposed to be protecting local residents rather than creating a booming market for what are becoming effectively, haringey council pound notes which are paid on demand by the lungs of local residents.
That wasn't what I was replying to FPR. It was John's suggestion that perhaps things could be just dropped, hence what I said "if only people would sometimes". I do think it a bit weird for someone to open a post just to let everyone on the site know that they think another HoL member has been rude.
Says the man that admitted he didn't read the original thread. Perhaps a good time to put the poker down Michael and walk away from this particular fire ? ;)
I just think that if you have a particular issue with someone why not take it up privately by using the message facility here? Also, I would imagine that most people didn't read the original thread (there are several thousand users on this site) but may have looked at your post.
Not sure what you mean by pokers and fires though.
I have just stumbled upon this thread. Having read every post I have to say I have absolutely no idea what any of you are talking about.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service