Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just drove up Green lanes between Sainsbury’s and Manor House and encountered a very strong smell of gas. Have reported and apparently lots of others have too. In the meantime maybe don’t go for a walk in the area!

Views: 8513

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Josie, was this at Manor House Gate?

Hi Hugh 

Great that someone has contacted the police, at the very least they should recommend going to Turnpike Lane and then getting the bus back down south. If by Manor House Gate you mean the Manor House end by the Finsbury pub then yes, I did feel bad for them as people were angry but then if they had the right advice or knowledge of what bus diversions were on I think people would have been less agitated! 

If you look below, Ned says he has gone up to help guide people. Now that's real civic minded. I hope some folks go along to help him.

TfL is showing no disruptions on the 29 or 141 bus routes - is that right? Not clear whether their website out of date, or if the situation has changed. 

Green Lanes still closed as of three minutes ago.

Diverted 141 bus spotted at 1700 Sun on St Anns Rd.

Just got back from Manor House.  No one outside the station letting people know what is going on so lots of bewildered  looking people wandering around,  Had to walk from Manor House Gate to Endymion Road Gate via the park then down to Homebase to get on to the Lanes.  Traffic is appalling and a lot diverting up Warham only to hit the jam on Endymion 

I must have been right behind Michael - agree, lack of signs is really irritating, especially as a lot of people trooped down to the gate near Hermitage Road only to be sent round to Endymion. 

OK I'm going to MH to be a helper Maybe one of us can go to the other end to help people find their way up to the north gate off F Park.

I'm by the gate opposite Rowley Gardens helping people to find Endymion Road. Plenty of people walking through the park with their phones lit up. Might be scary later of course.

That's incredibly kind of you NedC, thank you. Amazed that the gas company in question have not seen this as part and parcel of their responsibility. 

I've just come back from a being away all day and amazed that the road is still blocked off (found out the hard way this morning when I tried to get from Hermitage Road to the station to pick up a bus to Euston as I had a train to catch at 8am!! )

Ended up walking back along Eade Road to Seven Sisters road, which I did in reverse this evening, so there's always that route if people don't want to walk through the park in the dark (I certainly wouldn't - I don't even use it in the daytime after some very horrible experiences!)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service