Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Wood Green/Tottenham mums and dads. Anyone interested in baby classes at the Lordship Rec?

Hello local mums and dads,

Would you like more baby activity classes in the Wood Green/Tottenham area (beyond drop in’s)?

As a mum of an 8mth old I have found it really difficult to find any classes in my local area (Wood Green) and always have to travel to Crouch End or Stokey or Palmers Green etc.

I was at the fantastic new Eco Hub café in Lordship Rec the other day. It is a wonderful space to hold baby classes and the lovely people who run it are keen to attract more people and support this brilliant new local hub.

I have already been contacted by the fab people who run rucksack music about holding a class at the Lordship Rec but they need to know if there is enough interest: www.rucksackmusic.co.uk

If you would be interested about the possibility of attending baby classes at the Lordship Rec please do get in touch and let me know. If there are enough people interested I am happy to try and source various baby activities for the centre or hey maybe we can even run a few activities ourselves.

Many thanks 

Michelle

Tags for Forum Posts: activities, baby, classes, lordship rec, tottenham, wood green

Views: 1109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi and thanks for everyone who has responded.

I was chatting with the lady who runs Movers and Shakers in Ally Pally and she said if we could get enough interest that they would run a class at the hub. 

They are already starting a class at Wood Green Library so hoping this would make a good addition for the lady who will be running this class.

Will keep you posted and if they do put on a class at the hub, hope to see you all there.

Thanks

Michelle 

Yes, I think it's a great idea. Wood green has plenty to do with toddlers but not babies. As I'm expecting another baby in November I would definatly make use of it as long as it's affordable.
Yes please! I live close to Lordship Rec and while Noel Park children's centre and Movers and Shakers in Wood Green are both great, the more local stuff the better. Would be great to support the Eco hub and to meet some more local mums!
That's fab, and yes I agree it would be great to meet more local mums so fingers crossed something comes together soon.

Hi Michelle, 

I'd definitely be interested in this. I agree with you about the lack of baby classes around this local area. I take my 11 month old to Movers and Shakers in Crouch End and she loves it, and I'd certainly take her to classes nearer to home at The Hub. Great idea. 

Nicola 

Yes I do a Movers and Shakers in Crouch End too. Can never stop singing that bloomin Shake shake song ha ha. Will keep you all posted.
....'Shake, Shake your jingle bells, Shake, Shake awwaaaaayyyyy.'....those songs are etched on my brain!

I didn't reply to your message a few weeks ago....yes, I do know several other local parents who would be interested in new classes at the Eco Hub. What happens next, will you contact the centre & let them know there's support for it?
Hi Abi, yes the hub know there is support for it but when I was chatting to then they were keen for me or local mums to do the sourcing rather than themselves which is what led to my post to being in with. Gabi who runs Movers and Shakers in Ally Pally told me she was really interested and told me she was going to check out the space but again wanted help to promote the class if she went ahead. I passed on her details to the hub and let Gabi know I would help. There is also another lady which the hub put me in contact with who wants to run classes so I have also contacted her. Will keep chasing and hopefully we can get something going soon!!
Yes, we'd be interested! :)
Hey ladies sorry been away but will get back on the chasing!!! As a reminder Movers and Shakers is on tomorrow at Wood Green Library at 2.30pm if anyone is interested. While I am still chasing on those classes, let me know if anyone would like to meet anyway at the Lordship Rec cafe one day a week. Even if I can't find anyone to do classes I am happy to do a bit of story time and songs (although my singing voice is a lot to be desired!!!) Mondays are good for me :)))
Hello

We moved to Noel Park just before our baby girl was born in September, so I'd love to meet local mums with babies.
I'm going to try movers & shakers tomorrow at wood green. Would also be up for meeting at lordship rec if that's happening?

Amy

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service