Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

If anyone is in any doubt as to why this man wanted to be a councillor, this is a letter he sent to St Ann's Labour Party members asking for support for his selection as a candidate:

St Ann’s Branch Labour Party

Dear Members,

Thank you for short listing me in St Ann's ward.

I would relish the opportunity to represent you and the residents of St Ann's in Haringey council.

I have been living in Haringey for 12 years and running a pharmacy on Green Lanes serving the community for the last 7 years.

I am very familiar with issues facing St Ann’s ward residents and residents in Haringey as a whole.

I’m fully engaged with the business community in Haringey and campaigned and promoted issues on their behalf.

As an example, I managed to petition for the reduction of business rates as well as the cost of rubbish collection.

I successfully campaigned which led to the reduction of the cost of rubbish collection from £7000 to £3000 from once a week to twice a week, more than half the price reduction.

I know very well the issues facing small businesses in the borough and on Green Lanes and I am best placed to help meet those needs.

As a healthcare professional I am aware of issues people in Haringey are facing, such as bad housing conditions i.e. lack of affordable housing, overcrowding which affect people’s health.

We will need to address these issues by building more social and affordable housing.

If selected as your councillor I will work hard with my fellow ward councillors to tackle issues in the ward such as anti-social behaviour, housing, health and work to support the businesses on green lanes.

I will also work as part of the labour administration to make sure we continue to deliver policies that benefit all residents across the borough.

I will campaign hard to ensure we keep St Ann's ward labour and deliver labour wards across the borough.

I am a hard worker and will hold regular surgeries and campaign hard to ensure the needs of residents of St Ann's are well represented on Haringey council.

I look forward to meeting you and hopefully being selected as your representative.

Kind Regards,

Ali Gul Ozbek

Tags for Forum Posts: election2014, harringay stadium slopes, labour

Views: 3866

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They've also appeared to overlook another Turkish woman candidate in Noel Park - Peray Ahmet 

Oh and I missed her too. I've been following her on Twitter and I suspect that she and Emine are quite good friends. My bad. I wish people would wake up to the very obvious misogyny in the St Ann's debacle. If a MALE candidate had complained I'm sure they would have done something about it. The Labour Party have treated Zena, NIlgun and Emine like crap, notwithstanding of course their abhorrent attitude to us (probably because we don't go out and #labourdoorstep (I think they feel entitled simply because of the electioneering effort that they put in).

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service