Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4
12.15 -12.57 the 'You and Yours' program discuss the problems associated with seeking care for family members.

Views: 113

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One email into the show said '...to act now and don't wait.'
It is extremely difficult to find good care, but it could be on our doorstop, 22 beds at the Green Tree Ward, St Ann's dealt with Age Care stroke patients, Age Care could be expanded to deal with comprehensive care, remember SURE START, what about SURE CARE?
Saw your message Matthew just after I'd finished listening to the programme. What struck a chord for me, as someone on the way to 60 ,was the idea of starting to research and making your own decisions about later life care now. I shared some of the experiences people talked about on the programme when trying to arrange care for my Mam when she was very ill and the need was urgent. It really was a case of "Here's a list, go sort it out" when I had no real idea of what my Mam needed or who could provide it.

NB This is one of the few BBC programmes available long-term on the iPlayer so if you're reading this some weeks or indeed years after the original post it should still be available.

Age UK's publications and particularly their information guides and factsheets are a good start if you've been thrown in at the deep end.

There are websites listing care homes and nursing homes which can be searched by location and adding requirements like 'care for Alzheimers' and the like.   After that, it's legwork.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service