Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A friend of mine has just moved into a lovely flat at the Turnpike Lane end of Langham Road. She finds it hard to get about sometimes and told me she absolutely hates Wood Green, her nearest Shopping area. To give her a bit of a Haringey welcome I took her into W.G Market where we were able to chat for ages in the Italian cafe over good coffee in a comfortable friendly space, no crowds and then amble about in the oriental shop buying soya sauce, noodles and ridiculously cheap chilli sauces. We came away from the Veg and Meat stalls all kitted out for our weekend of cooking. Yams, Bananas, Okra, Green Beans, Bell pepper, T bone steak, lamb Mince...A little flutter round Tiger and we were well happy. Next week is a new adventure I'm taking her left side to Green Lanes for Lunch. She WILL love Haringey.

Views: 1250

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for this Sharon and glad to hear your friend felt ok about going to Wood Green.

I hardly ever go WG market these days but it does have some good stuff, I agree.

Suddenly, I like Sharon

John, What's not to like? ;-)

I can think of... ooh... at least 30 more things to do in Wood Green

I wanted to link it to the recent W.G. Discussions but couldn't find them. Cheers liz!

Yes the Oriental shop has a great range of sauces etc at very good prices. Also there is the only haberdashery for miles; with a lovely helpful lady; a good greengrocers(rude yes, but aren't they all?) Then there is Wilkinsons(or Wilko as they are trying to rebrand it) TK max is not bad either. And of course Lidl. And that, I'm afraid, is your lot!

Philip! I hear you say there's a Haberdashery..where???

It's just by the Italian cafe in the market, Sophie.

I can't believe I didn't know this! Thanks :D

Always something to discover in our Wood Green. I really like the italian cafe there. Nice staff, good coffee, lunches and cakes (great custard tarts!) and always somewhere to sit and relax unlike the crowded cafes on the main street.

+1 to the haberdashery. Lovely lady, very helpful.

And another fan here - great place, very helpful.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service