Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Tottenham have confirmed their intention to build a new 60,000-capacity stadium near their current White Hart Lane ground.

Spurs announced the Northumberland Development Project at the same time as their financial results to June 2008.

The development will include leisure facilities, public space and housing.
More here

Tags for Forum Posts: football stadium, olympics, olympics 2012, spurs

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thought there might be one or two people that will be interested in this.
They have been planning a new ground since the beginning of time.

To find a new plot for a 60k stadium in a city such as London is very difficult, no ring road to slap it on with and Asda and BK. Don't be surprised to see this scrapped along with all efforts to extend WHL.

Could they not ground share with Arsenal :)

*runs for cover!*
Where exactly (street name) is this new stadium planned? On all things I've been able to read.. it always just says 'near' to the present Stadium..

No, not a good idea to share with 'The Arsenal'... but I read somewhere that THFC tried get the use of Wembley.. seems logical really.. It's not used that much..
I was only joking about sharing; it's not English footballing etiquette to share grounds like in Italy and other parts of Europe, especially at your rivals ground.

Wembley has being used in the past by Tottenham and Arsenal, but it’s not ideal as it’s too far away from their traditional area. There was talk that Spurs could use the Olympic stadium when the Olympics were finished, but again too far east and the running track does not make for a good football or rugby viewing.
We have the same problem with the running track here in Bln at the Olympic Stadium, which is used by Hertha BSC football club.. Their supporters complain that the atmosphere is not 'cosy' enough, although Herta's Gay & Lesbian Fan Club do do their best to keep things 'warm'..

I'd be happy for the West side of the Borough to do its share at last.. Why not build a new stadium on the old racecourse at Ally Pally..!! :o)
I think they would be up in arms in Muswell Hill, where would you have the farmers markets : )

Yeah I have visited the Olympic Stadium pre World Cup re-vamp back in 1992.

Although you do have a few stadiums with tracks, Stutgart and Ht Berlin to name two most of your grounds have been designed with football and it's fans in mind. I know there is a growing movement in this country which wants to adopt the German style terracing back into our game as they have proved it to be safe with their excellently designed terrace come seating stadia.

Football in Germany is still at a very reasonable price even at the top flight and there are growing numbers of English fans going to watch German teams as you can see them for as low as six quid, unlike here where we are paying stupid amounts to see overpriced divers, driving a lot of lower income people out of the game.

I watch German football quite a bit on Setanta, it's still a semi contact sport, unlike top flight football here.

I recently went to Hamburg to see St Pauli (Bundersleaga 2) and Altona 94 (Regional 4) and are planning our next trip there and also Union Berlin (Regionals)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service