Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Full statement on the council website here

The SPD has ten overriding objectives:

* Accessibility – to improve links between the town centre and the new Haringey Heartlands regeneration site to the west of the High Road, along with accessibility around the town centre
* Character areas – to encourage the retention and enhancement of the distinctive character areas within the town centre
* Sustainability – to promote a sustainable future for Wood Green town centre, which ensures that the needs of the present generation are met without compromising those of the future
* Public realm – to improve the public realm throughout the town centre and to create a more pleasant pedestrian environment
* Safety – to increase safety within the town centre, creating a more positive overall perception of Wood Green as a destination
* Congestion – to reduce congestion in the town centre by promoting car free development and the use of sustainable means of transport
* Infrastructure and amenities – to develop the town centre infrastructure and amenities
* Retail – to develop the range and quality of the retail on offer within the town centre
* Leisure – to encourage the development of appropriate leisure and night-time economy uses in the town centre
* Building quality – to retain and restore high quality buildings within the town centre, and encourage a high standard of design for all new developments.

Tags for Forum Posts: Wood Green, haringey heartlands, wood green spd

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And what will WG's promotion of car free development, before the development of sustainable means of transport, mean for the rest of us? Or does "the use of sustainable means of transport" just mean greater use of Shanks's pony? I'd be all for that.

I see they're still on about the "public realm". What's Harrow's rediscovered plain English for that one?
I would argue that Green Lanes / Harringay needs an SPD - wonder how one goes about lobbying for one.
What's Green Lanes / Harringay Rache!!!!!!? Are you getting contaminated by councilthink? YOU MEAN HARRINGAY!!
Of course I do... :)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service