Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Nothing on the telly? How about a webcast of Haringey council meetings?

Thanks to Joe on the site for pointing this out (and you're all probably going to tell me that you like nothing better than settling down with a glass of vino in front of a Haringey council planning meeting) but you can watch council meetings live on webcast.
This page explains more and gives you a link to the online archive going back 6 months.
So now, no need to troop down to the Civic centre. Sit in the meeting in the comfort of your own living room.
I caught the last 5 minutes of the full council tonight and saw our very own Carolyn Baker but alas did not glimpse any other familiar faces. I'm hoping that the invite to the quiz night that Alan Dobbie mentioned will be in my inbox tomorrow.

Tags for Forum Posts: Haringey council, local democracy, webcasts

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I do watch, vino is good, but any one of a range of mind numbing substances will suffice through some of the more painful moments (a passing thought for several members during meetings also I suspect).
Yes unlike our selfless champions of local democracy the councillors, we can always go and put the kettle on or have a crafty cig during all the amendments and points of order. Can't believe I've been sitting through 'What not to wear' when I could have been watching the council channel

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service