Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

For the greatest impact and involvement I would suggest a Ladder Car Free Day - remembering, ofcourse, that a ladder consists of many rungs and two side rails.

Tags for Forum Posts: Ladder traffic solutions, traffic

Views: 277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

maybe thats why we should stick to a few of the middle roads and not the entire ladder?
We could call it a passage event and just block the roads off at the passage making them two way again for the day...

Sorry Eddie and Paul but I'm stumped as to how we do car 'free' on Wightman Rd.
The devil's in the detail, but we have nearly a year to work on it.
Of course when LADDER N4 secedes you guys will need your passport and visa. No neighbourly Schengen arrangements are in the offing on our side.
At a passage event, do we get dogshit on sticks as snacks..? Just a thought.
When we had the party at the open space I got there early to help setup and got dog shit on my shoes, dog shit on my daughter's shoes and some other kids got some on theirs. It is easier to spot the dog shit in the passage, no?
Fair point. But the open space smells better. When you're not in shit that is.
and some vomit vonts?

May I refer y'all to Paul's title and post above. This thread is not dedicated to the usual dogshit, bullshit or even the dog's back passage. We're proposing a WHOLE LADDER event, not an unattached-collection-of- rungs event.

If we can't have a whole ladder, Plan B might be for a SHORT LADDER: say, Endymion to Seymour exclusive of both, including all of Grand Parade, all of Alroy/Wightman N4 and everything in between - and, if at all possible, the Gardens.

This allows East-West traffic flow to/from Finsbury Park-Stroud Green-Crouch End and Manor House-Seven Sisters; to/from all areas of Tottenham; to/from Turnpike Lane-Wood Green; to/from Archway-Highgate-Muswell Hill . . . . and other neighbouring suburbs.

Bus routes 29 & 141 divert via St Anns and Hermitage or Seven Sisters. Bus 341 diverts from T'ham High Road (and Manor House) via Seven Sisters. Bus W5 runs Sainsbury's to Archway as usual. [Williamson Road remains Open to Sainsbury's trade - in so far as it is ever open to anything! - but Grand Parade is blocked off at the Bridge.]

All in all, less confusing diversion and less bus passenger disruption than experienced east of Wood Green last Sunday.

The Gardens should be included (bounded by Salisbury Rd, Warwick Gdns & Stanhope/Doncaster Gdns) - in which case "Gardens-Ladder Car Free Day" would be the appropriate description.

Disabled residents needing access/egress by car need only display their Disabled badge. Cycles/tricycles and powered vehicles for disabled residents/visitors welcome - but cycling on crowded roads/footways would be restricted.

If, as seems likely, this "Car Free Day" is to be on Sunday the hours should perhaps be from 1.00pm to (?) 7.00pm to ensure that worshippers at the three local churches are not inconvenienced unnecessarily. However, if the churches wish to be an integral part of the festive occasion, I'm sure the congregants would be happy to walk to and from their service. If so, things could start earlier.

All of the above outlines need lots of discussion - but let's not say it can't be done! All Residents' Associations (LCSP, Gardens, WRN4RA, Warham Road and all others) need to have input, as well as the 'GLSG' and Ward Panel.

I commend this proposal to your lord/ladyships' house.

I'm in...
Good proposal Eddie. Well thought through.
ditto
I'm not.

Going to be a bit of a let-down if it rains :-)

Seems to be a lot of disruption for little gain.

Will non-secular events be allowed ? :-)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service