Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The following story appeared in the London Evening Standard standard yesterday.

This awful story is thought to have been kept under under conditions of great secrecy by Haringey for many months. Our council - to which we pay tax and from which we expect services - is rumoured to have threatened employees with the sack if details were released.

This follows the Victoria Climbié Inquiry, which contained criticism of Haringey Council and from which it appears our council learnt few lessons. A case similar to Victoria Climbié has happened again.

Babies are our most vulnerable fellow citizens.

What is Haringey Council's Child Protection Register worth?

Tags for Forum Posts: Council, Haringey, child, protection, register

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have read this story Clive and it has reduced me to tears. That a child could suffer so much and no 'responsible' adult save it from a life of fear and pain, is an absolute outrage and a terrible indictment of the whole child protection system.
Yet another child dies on Haringey's watch. What is going on?
This is beyond horrible.
Not surprised though. I did contact the child protection people at the council a while ago re. a child I felt was being neglected. I was met with resistance, short replies, nothing helpful, and what seemed like an extreme unwillingness to look into it and do what they're actually there to do. Not impressed, and as far as I know my complaint went absolutely nowhere. Clearly they have learned nothing, and their attitude is ignorant at best, arrogant at worst. This department is overdue a massive shake-up.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service