Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

For no apparent reason, I invite suggestions for the rudest person providing any sort of customer service in Harringay. My off-the-cuff nominations are as follows:

1. The woman in the parking permits office. Not sure what she looks like but apparently there's one who everyone's terrified of. My wife comes back from there emotionally scarred all because she didn't have the right documents and got barked at.

2. The girl at Park Road swimming pool who's more interested in doing her nails and playing Nintendo DS than serving you. Stop interrupting her leisure time.

3. Two Wheels Good - all of them. 'Nuff said.

4. Not sure if he's still there but there used to be a bloke who worked in the ticket office at Harringay station whose inability to be anything other than surly, curt and sullen was actually a great source of amusement to us. Cue over-enthusiastic "Gooooood Morrrrrnnninggg" every morning, coupled with a beaming "Nice to see you again". Cue grunt in return.

Anyone else?

Tags for Forum Posts: customers, nominations, rude, service

Views: 381

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Paul, I've been trying to avoid mentioning that for the past day or so. I'm trying to work on the dog's uncle, having given up trying charm on his dad. I still need my 'Irish Times' every day.
I'm with you Paul, that dog is not just the rudest thing in Harringay but also the scariest! (Especially when you accidently knock over the card-stand with your rucksack and only the swift action of the shop-keeper to grab his collar stops you being savaged....)
awww, that dog is almost as old i am and is part and parcel of the shop.

though i must say.... i am really scared of it (im scared of all dogs, actually).

:D

Maqsood has always been very nice to me - he used to give me free sweets from the pick and mix when i was a kid. I have been going in there since I was 2, so maybe thats the reason.
I feel compelled to leap to the defence of the ladies in Yasar Halim! I find the Yasar Halim staff to be attentive, charming and helpful. I wish I lived closer, but if I did I'd probably be a lot fatter...
I agree - especially when you turn up with small children - although i think I prefer the Fruit'n'veg ladies to the pasty ladies...
its not diificult to get served in the fruit and veg shop because they have queues to the tills, and you can fill your own basket with items without need for their assistance.

Its just in the bakery, when you have to stand there like a plum waiting to be served whilst they ignore you in favour of people they know!
Do what I do, Rahman. Pick up your seeded loaf, a couple of apple tarts, a pizza-slice-to-go, shout 'Open Sesame' and hit the road. Works every time.
the guy in the small electrical goods shop in Tottenham Lane Crouch End, invariably rude, discourteous unhelpful, curt, never had the electrical item you wanted and ALWAYS gave the impression that the item had been discontinued years ago and was now and forever unobtainable...... is he still there? I NEVER go there if I can possibly help it.
A certain environmental enforcement officer who screamed "get that off the pavement or I will fine" you to a guy who was trying to park his bike next to some scafolding (in no way obstructing anyone). I don't even think the police would have been that abrupt.
Well, there are plenty of rude shopkeepers in Haringey, but then there are plenty of even ruder customers - people who continue to talk on their mobiles while vaguely chucking their money at the poor person serving them, then leave without even saying "thank-you". I must say I don't really like this thread, as it could be offensive in itself - though I read it avidly to see if my pet hates were mentioned (they weren't). What do we think, they'll read it and think "Oh no, I'd better be more polite in future."?
Totally agree, we need a balance, rude people deserve naming and shaming as much as the nice ones deserves praise.
I am quite relieved to see I am not alone in thinking certain shops have really horrible staff, I thought it was me for a moment, and it's obviously not. This thread has helped my personal paranoia. :)
am i the only one who is slightly intrigued by what your pet hates might be? do divulge, sir. :)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service