Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Do you live on Green Lanes? How does the timed waste collection work for you?

On my little strolls in the morning, I have noticed these green signs

for timed waste collection on Green Lanes.
I am trying to understand how this works.
Does the rubbish collection come between those times? Are the bags on Green Lanes at 9.30 in the morning there because the residents have missed the collection? Or is the truck late? If, as I suspect ,the latter why should residents obey the rules if the truck doesn't come?
Is there sign of enforcement? Has anyone ever been fined/ prosecuted?
Just as importantly, when you moved in, were the rules explained to you by your landlord or the previous owner or the council? Or did you have to work it out for yourself?
Are there rules about what kinds of bags you may use? The small carrier bags of waste left by the side of the road, is that permissible?
Do you think it works?
Let me make it clear that this is NOT a criticism of anyone living on Green Lanes but a genuine request for information and feedback on the system.
The way I understand it, i shouldn't see any bags of rubbish at 9.30 in the morning as they should all have gone. Have I got this wrong?
And if you have information and are not a resident of Green Lanes, then please join in but not to have a moan...we know its mucky!

And if you care about the high street, consider joining the I Love Green Lanes group.

Tags for Forum Posts: Green Lanes, street cleaning, timed waste collection

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can explain this.
Basically the idea is that the collection will happen at 9 am and 10 pm or shortly after, the idea being for bags to be on the road for as short a period as possible. Ideal world and all that I know but what is the alternative? There is also now a saturday evening collection.
Any bags, any size will be picked up. This applies to those living above shops only (they don't have space for wheelie bins).
Yes, people have been fined for breaking this rule.
Residents have been leafleted twice in the last year I think but the turn over of tenants is high in these flats. The leaflets were in 4 different languages.
People still leave their rubbish on the headings of the main road at all hours of the day even after leaflets have been delivered.
Thank you.
I notice a particular problem at weekends when rubbish is out in the afternoon well before the collection time and the leaving of small bags in places where they will not be picked up, such as in Pemberton mews.
There obviously need to be some more imaginative approaches to this.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service