Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I've recently heard that our streets will be getting an aditional weekly clean. As well as the usual sweep, there'll be a street - rubbish pick up each week too! Also, the new cleaning contract means the street cleaners will be using high - tech sweeping machines, which we haven't had before in Harringay. So...shiny new roads may be on the way....
Good times.

Tags for Forum Posts: Street clean, environment, rubbish

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What new cleaning contract? When does that begin? Are you referring to the one that begins in 2010 or some interim arrangement?
Is it the same as these arrangements posted by Hugh in January or another set?
where did you about this?
sorry should have said:

"where did you hear about this?"
I emailed Dasos, the Neighbourhood manager, about the cleanliness of the Harringay passage inquiring about the cleaning schedule. he tells me that the Passage will now be swept 3 x a week and has promised to tell me on which days and when that starts as soon as he knows.
Further to this info, the Passage is swept on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday as from now.
I have noticed an improvement, but please raise any concerns as soon as possible.
No reply to our questions yet?
Not sure better machines will fix the problem alone.
This cleaner was pushing some shiny technology up the road
Shiny new technology?

but this was what was left behind,
Green Lanes, 2.35 pm After the sweep...
What's left after the sweeper has passed

Think we need some more creative solutions involving the people who leave the chicken bones, chuck down the paper or let their dogs crap in the middle of the pavement on a busy shopping street, don't you?
Have a look at some signs
from Germany in the 'Mrs E fancies something more imaginative' post.
To be honest, think the bloke with the broom and cart is more effective that the machine. And it won't go to the sides because of all the clutter on the pavement from the shops. A machine like that is fine for a long straight residential road, not sure it is suitable for a high street like green lanes.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service