Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Check this out: http://www.london-eating.co.uk/7261.htm

There's more at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/48939225@N00/1463993251/

I'm putting this in as "news" because it's been a long time coming... Muna's has been open for maybe three years now, and this awesome restaurant is usually just about empty (which several of the reviewers found astounding).

If you want to support local business, this should be at the top of your list. Some of the food may seem exotic at first for some tastes, but after a minute you'll wonder how you ever got along without it.

Views: 147

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are quite a few Sudanese, Eritrean and Ethiopian restaurants in London, I and my Ethiopian friends have eaten at most of them. Muna's has excellent food but needs to do more advertising herself across London. Many similar restaurants are situated in South London. Also the Turnpike Lane area is a bit daunting at night if you are not used to it.
I remember taking about ten dads along to Muna's a couple of years back and they all said how exotic the food was. And these are people who have travelled widely. But then, not many people end up in the Horn of Africa.

It is a pitty it's not more full. I believe Muna survives on weddings and other such functions within the Sudanese, Eritrean and Ethiopian communities.
I'm another of Muna's fans. So's my wife. Unfortunately we don't frequent it like we should except when we have some Italian or South American friends passing through. Muna's stands out from just about everything else between Manor House and Wood Green.
If Sheldon Hotel can have a standing ad on this site, why not Muna?
Anyone interested in making a night of it sometime at Muna's?
I'll join you Eddie, I 've wanted to try Muna's for a while.
I would mind a try
Sounds good.

(P.S. The ads are the price we pay for getting the site for free. They're not placed by me. I think Google's adsense matches advertisers keywords with content. To get rid of them is $20 a month - which possibly could be made up by locally sourced ads. I'm already spending about that each month + domain fees etc. Happy to have a go at locally sourced advertising if others will share the risk)
I'm in for the ad idea - why don't we get together a few like minded souls at the restaurant to discuss?
I'm with you. Would love to meet up with neighbours and discuss.
Sorry Hugh - I was still logged in as my partner David - so the David response is from me (i.e. Let's get to Muna and work out a take over!)
Thanks Michael and to the others who've mailed me with a positive response on this.
Count me in too - for both the Muna's get-together and the ad-column takeover. Sorry, Hugh, I didn't mean to suggest that you were touting for business for the Shelton Hotel - it's just that the workings of the Google God are a mystery to me. Thanks for the message. I'll certainly go along with whatever it takes. And if you're planning on booking Muna's, any of the next six Friday nights would suit me - or whenever!
Thanks Eddie.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service