Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This from the Haringey Federation of Residents' Associations (HFRA):

Each year Haringey Council bids to Transport for London (TfL) for funding to improve the transport infrastructure around the borough. In regards to walking, we would like to concentrate our bids on developing safe, inviting and accessible pedestrian routes between popular locations in the borough.

The information you provide will be developed into bids and submitted to TfL in May. The funding will be decided in late 2008 to begin after April 2009. [Deadline for responses is 18 April 08]

Have your say: Identify the walking routes

We would like to know which routes YOU would like us to prioritise. You can suggest as many routes as you can think of. These should be between points of local interest, such as:
Public transport stops or stations
Schools, community centres or leisure centres
Local shopping parades or centres
Health and care services
Other key destinations, such as parks
Your suggestions for how they can be improved

Please tell us HOW you think the routes you have identified can be improved, for example:
Installing or upgrading a crossing point
Improving or widening the footways or pavements
Decluttering street furniture
Sign posting to local destinations
Hard and soft landscaping
Measures to slow or reduce motor traffic
Crime prevention measures

Please provide your suggestions using the format provided below. This will ensure that we have all the information we need to assess and build upon your suggestions. If you have any questions or would like to discuss this further, please phone Salome Simoes on 020 8489 1161. Please return your suggestions by 18 April 08 to salome.simoes@haringey.gov.uk or Salome Simoes, 2nd floor River Park House, 225 High Road, Wood Green, London N22 8HQ.

Next steps

We may also invite a small number of contributors to a workshop with Sustainable Transport officers to develop their suggestions further. If your route is selected, we will contact you by 22 April to invite you a workshop, which is likely to be held at 6.30pm on the 24 April 08. Please can you indicate whether you can attend on this day and time?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Yours faithfully,
Malcolm Smith
Team Leader for Transportation, Sustainable Transport

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggested Walking Routes

Description of route

Between ............................................. and ............................................

Who regularly uses this route and do they have any special needs?

e.g. parents with buggies or wheelchair users, require dropped kerbs

dog walkers, need dog litter bins,

visually impaired, require tactile paving and reduced street clutter

How can the existing route be improved?

e.g. improving a crossing point?

widening the pavements?

reducing street furniture?

sign posting to local destinations?

hard and soft landscaping?

measures to slow or reduce motor traffic?

Your name ..............................................

the organisation you represent..............................................

your contact details..............................................

Name..............................................

Organisation ..............................................

Phone number..............................................

Are you, or another member of your organisation, able to attend a workshop on 24 Apr?

Yes/ No

If not you, please provide name and contact details of the person who can attend?

Please complete and return to salome.simoes@haringey.gov.uk by 18 April 08

Tags for Forum Posts: Wightman Road, funding, local ideas, new river, new river path, tfl, walking

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Any ideas?
Hmm, I'm thinking Grand Parade could do with some of those measures...well it is one of my walking routes if I want to get anywhere; shops, parks, doctors, station, restaurants, pubs etc.
Another thought is maybe the Wightman Road members could get some money to improve the pavements , get more pelican crossings and get some traffic calming measures.
What about the New River Path? I know this has fallen by the wayside before. No reason not to give it another bash.
For me, this is one of the forgotten gems of Harringay.

I would love to see it improved and all the closed sections opened up. I know the police and residents close by are against it, but maybe we should close Ducketts Common, FF Open Space, Harringay Passage etc if the arguments are to be believed.

It’s a massive shame that you can walk for miles down the ‘river’ and as soon as you get to the heart of the Ladder, at the top of Allison Road, you have to walk all the way down Wightman to rejoin it in Finsbury Park.

I am sure there is a way that we could all enjoy the path, it seems a massive waste of urban land, just for the fear of what might happen.
Right, that's enough encouragement for me. I'll put in a suggestion for it.
Blimey, I'm glad I pointed this out to Colin...two suggestions for the ward in a day! Well done chaps!
New River path "application" sent.

And, yes, thanks for reminding me Liz.
Deadline extended to 2nd May - so if you've got ideas, but haven't had time, you now have another couple of weeks.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service