Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Ah, that's why the Councillors weren't so keen on the website survey!

They've done their own. And.........mmmmm.........looks like everyone's pretty happy.

Am I the only one who this passed by?

This from Haringey's website today:

Residents' survey shows satisfaction with council services on the up

Tuesday 11 March 2008

Satisfaction with Haringey Council services continues to increase, according to the results of the latest annual residents' survey.

The results also show the council performing better than the London average in many areas.

A representative sample of more than 1,000 people across the borough were interviewed for the survey in November last year. For the second year running young people between the ages of 11 and 17 were also quizzed about the council.

Overall 70 per cent of respondents say the council is doing a good job and making the borough a better place to live, compared to London figures of 67 per cent and 64 per cent.

74 per cent say the council keeps them informed, up seven per cent, and 10 per cent better than the figure for London. 58 per cent say the council is efficient and well run, up 10 per cent, and on a par with the London figure.

80 per cent of residents agree that Haringey is a place where people of different backgrounds get on well together.

"The survey shows that residents are aware of the improvements we have made and recognise that in many areas we are doing a good job," said Council leader Cllr George Meehan.

"We will use these results to help us improve our services even more."

Significant results for resident satisfaction with particular services include:

Repair of roads and pavements up 10 per cent (43% say the service is good);
Street cleaning up nine per cent (56%);
Parks and open spaces up eight per cent (65%);
Refuse collection up seven per cent (71%);
Recycling up six per cent (65%).
As in London as a whole, crime remains residents' major concern. But the level of concern is down eight per cent, to 46 per cent, while concern in London overall has increased to 54 per cent.

The council magazine Haringey People remains the source most used by residents to obtain information about the council, and also residents' preferred source.

Details of the survey can be seen on the council website at www.haringey.gov.uk/residentssurvey

Tags for Forum Posts: haringey, place survey, survey

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the sound you hear is my hollow laughter.
And must the Council clutter up my view of my beloved Green Lanes with their ruddy lamp post hangers to tell me how wonderful they are..?
I woke up this morning to find my road paved with gold .... Hugh, it really is a miracle!
The council are sometimes deluded with themselves.

I had a run in with them about five years ago regarding a parket ticket on my permited vehicle. They were adamant that The council are sometimes deluded with themselves.

I had a run in with them about five years ago regarding a parket ticket on my permitted vehicle. They were adamant that they were right even though a LCSP member saw the traffic warden put it on my van.

The councils policy is “to admit when they get it wrong”, mmmm.

Well they got it wrong, and after six months, a half page article in the Standard and two other local newspaper articles, they still didn’t apologise, even though my permit is on their system. They did cancel the fine as a “good will” gesture, although I requested a written apology.

I only gave up struggling as my first born was about to enter the world.

There’s nothing like self praise and they do that well.
Do I live on the Ladder or in the Soviet Union? This is actually quite scary. Not to mention completely deluded. The people they asked, does it say if they were on crack or not?
Honestly! Hrmpf!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service