Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

At the Haringey Friends of Parks Forum on Saturday a paper was presented that stated that plans to create a 5-a-side facility are back on - without any extra parking apparently.

The info is in the attached document which also outlines the devastaing cuts that the Parks service are facing.

Please do sign the petition, 2,200 signatures and the cuts will have to be debated: http://bit.ly/kj6fqE.

Tags for Forum Posts: finsbury park, finsbury park 5 a side, parks

Views: 195

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you have a copy of the paper on the proposals for 5-a-side for public perusal?
No further info at the moment 

Thanks for posting this, Adam. But can I suggest caution before taking a single unexplained line in a report  as "plans to create a 5-a-side facility are back on".

I attended the meeting and a Senior Council Officer told the meeting the plans to have a football facility are back on
How much time do we have to gather signatures for this petition?
Thanks Hugh. Is there a paper version & where do I send it once signatures are gathered?
Yes there is, right here. Dave Morris is collecting, his address is on that post and there is a .doc of the petition too.
Thanks Liz

Hi Adam

Maybe being a bit thick, but how is the one thing connected to the other?

P

The 5 a side facility is back on the table to raise income taken away by cuts. All the sports centres are being out-sourced to a private company as well

How is this a bad thing?

Surely a private company will run it better than the council and the council can generate much needed renvenue through them.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service