Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'parks' (121)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New research looks at the lofty aspirations versus the reality of how local authorities care for green spaces

Is an Astro-Turf football pitch a green space? A roof garden? In some local authorities they are counted even if users must book and/or pay…

Started by Liz

0 Oct 2, 2020

New Historic England listings for post-war landscapes, parks and gardens

I know there's a few fans like myself of post-war architecture and planning on the forum so I'm sure they'll be interested in this announce…

Started by Liz

2 Aug 28, 2020
Reply by Lesley

Free online talk about the creation of Clissold Park tonight (6th August) at 7pm

45min free talk, streamed live on YouTube, describing in vivid detail the dramatic campaign in 1886-8 to save Clissold Park from developmen…

Started by Liz

0 Aug 6, 2020

Finsbury Park Toilets now open and staffed

The Finsbury Park toilets re-opened last week, councillor Kirsten Hearn announced on Twitter. The toilets will be cleaned regularly throug…

Started by Liz

7 Jul 21, 2020
Reply by Liz

Re-opening of playgrounds

Playgrounds are permitted to re-open from today, however it looks like most won't be yet, but will open over the next few weeks: Haringey…

Started by michaelw

8 Jul 21, 2020
Reply by michaelw

Royal Parks trialling traffic ban

The trial projects include: In Bushy Park, restricting all through traffic with a partial road closure between Teddington and Hampton Cour…

Started by Liz

19 Jul 16, 2020
Reply by Jose

Which park cafes are open at the moment (take away of course)

Hi, In recent weeks a number of cafes in or beside parks have started to open - take away only, of course. I've spotted these - please add…

Started by michaelw

9 May 30, 2020
Reply by Alison M

Take a walk in the Park this Spring

With clear signs that Spring is on its way and lovely sunny days like today, you might be thinking that its time to get outside and go sear…

Started by Liz

2 Feb 16, 2019
Reply by Elaine W

Lordship Rec to get funding and support as part of the Rethinking Parks project

Lordship Rec is one of eight projects selected nationwide by the Big Lottery Fund, Heritage Lottery Fund and Nesta to take part in a projec…

Started by Liz

5 Jul 28, 2018
Reply by michaelw

Jam in the Park - 22nd July

Join the Friends of Bruce Castle Park for an afternoon of FREE live music and poetry under the Old Oak Tree, featuring: Abe Gibson, Drummin…

Started by Klaus

0 Jul 6, 2018

RSS

Advertising

© 2021   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service