Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'neighbours' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Poor conversion - floorboards and freeholders

My downstairs neighbour and I are having problems with the floor 'boards' in the poorly converted house we live in - they're incredibly noi…

Started by Rich H

17 Mar 26, 2018
Reply by Rich H

Crowdfunding to help a very giving couple get a secondhand van

Hello Myself and a few of my neighbours have set up a crowdfunding page to help a very lovely and giving older couple, Ana and Tom, get a v…

Started by Mel C

1 Jul 8, 2015
Reply by Norah Borough

How to be a good neighbour

Back in 16thC London when the walls were thinner, the parties just as riotous and and the likelihood of malodorous deposits from your neigh…

Started by Liz

0 Apr 7, 2014

Problem neighbours - need help!

Forgive me if this is not the right forum, I'm not sure where else this fits in. The problem is: We have a "halfway-house" opposite us. Thi…

Started by Anette

8 Nov 8, 2010
Reply by Anette

How about the NICEST person in Harringay?

Because I'm feeling like I need to inject a bit of cheer - how about we nominate helpful people, smiley people, friendly people? For start…

Started by Anna S

18 Jul 31, 2010
Reply by Hugh

Really, really scary. This has to stop.

This morning, at around 2:30 am we were woken up by what sounded like someone throwing bins in to a skip. It came from the already troubles…

Started by Anette

33 Sep 20, 2009
Reply by Ruth

Sit down, have a cuppa... and get to know your neighbour

Now here's a nice idea, courtesy of the Islington Tribune, via the Finsbury Park Blog: The citizens of Highbury will “celebrate their neig…

Started by Hugh

7 Apr 1, 2009
Reply by AnnieH

Noisy neighbours driving you mad?

The following is from a Tottenham Civic Society circular: Noisy neighbours driving you mad? There is no need to suffer in silence, or endur…

Started by Hugh

7 Mar 25, 2009

People feel like they belong to their area, but less than 40% feel able to influence local Decisions

People feel their local area is a place where individuals from different backgrounds get on well together, new figures published show. Hea…

Started by Hugh

0 Feb 1, 2009

Make your neighbourhood nicer: how to welcome refugees and Asylum seekers.

11 easy steps to helping make newcomers feel welcome at the neighbourhood level - a little booklet published by Refugee Action

Started by Hugh

0 Jan 30, 2009

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service