Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'harringay arena' (7)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Harringay 1948 Olympics basketball - full set of Harringay Arena programmes

I came across a full set recently and made this collage of the covers - I'm half-tempted to print it out and find some wall space somewhe…

Started by Hugh

2 Mar 7, 2022
Reply by Hugh

July 1948: Harringay Arena hosts Basketball for the Olympic Games

Whilst browsing the photo gallery a couple of weeks back, I was reminded that, in July 1948, the London Olympics came to Harringay when the…

Started by Liz

0 Jul 30, 2020

Roller Speedway mother

My mother, Diana Smith of Hazelville Road, skated Roller Speedway at Harringay Arena after serving with the RAF 303 Squadron. I have precio…

Started by Clyde Bentley

6 Jun 17, 2017
Reply by Hugh

1958: Cauliflower Alley mourns the giving over of Harringay Arena to the "storage of groceries"

From the Glasgow Herald Oct 29 1958, a boxing fan laments the sale of Harringay Arena in a column entitled "Last Rounds" You can see photos…

Started by Liz

2 Oct 22, 2015
Reply by StephenBln

Harringay #gentrificationwatch - early signs of trouble

An early attempt to gentrify Harringay undermined by barking dogs and the rattle of crockery The Age: June 9 1947 See more about the 1947 M…

Started by Liz

15 Oct 11, 2015
Reply by Sandra Carter

Memories of last survivor of Britain's Olympic team who played at Harringay

1948 Olympics Basketball Competition at the Harringay Arena   With just under 100 days till the 2012 Olympics we can expecta whole heap of…

Started by Hugh

0 Apr 19, 2012

Harringay Arena - closed 50 years ago today

Spare a moment for the old girl. Visit our Arena photos page. Have a look at these three old film clips- one two three. And have a quick…

Started by Hugh

16 Oct 31, 2008
Reply by Hugh

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service