Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Forum Discussions (43,967)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Watch special cabinet decision on older people's centres live at 3.30

A special meeting of the Cabinet is being held this afternoon at 15.30 in the Civic Centre to consider the referral back form the Overview…

Started by Hugh in Council Services Local Democracy & Politics

0 Jun 30, 2011

Child's seat for bicycle offered free

Does anyone want a small child's seat for adult bicycle? It mounts between the rider and the handlebars and seems in sturdy condition - it…

Started by Maddy in For Sale / Want to Buy

3 Jul 2, 2011
Reply by Maddy

Help test use of technology to connect farmers to consumers & cut out food waste

I picked up news of an interesting project being funded through the Ordnance Survey's GeoVation scheme. The Foodnation team are hoping t…

Started by Hugh in Miscellany

1 Jun 30, 2011
Reply by oli haill

iPads for Councillors

Following up a story in the Standard on how the London Borough of Havering giving 17 of their Councillors I-pads.  They were also looking a…

Started by Hugh in Council Services Local Democracy & Politics

17 Jul 2, 2011
Reply by Chris Setz

BBC looks at First Capital Connect's use of Twitter

There was an interesting piece on the BBC earlier in the week about whether train companies are making effective use of social media. Ou…

Started by Hugh in Community News, Issues, Chat & Information

0 Jun 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Bright Sparks

Bright Sparks turned 1 this month and is going from strength to strength. Since opening last June, the shop has sold more than 1,750 items…

Started by Hugh in Local Shops & Businesses: News & Chat

3 Jul 3, 2011
Reply by Hugh

A Gorgeous Front Garden

I take pictures of front gardens. Their uses and abuses in Harringay fascinate me. I often wonder how people can bear piles of rubbish outs…

Started by Liz in Community News, Issues, Chat & Information

6 Jun 30, 2011
Reply by Alison P

* From the grapevine - Hackney's new wine refill scheme - Could this happen On Green Lanes

Something for the HOL viewers - Will it be Corona bottles back again soon I used to subsidise my Chocolate Habit on Corona Bottles refunds…

Started by Andy Newman in Ideas for Better City Living

3 Jul 1, 2011
Reply by Hugh

Wanted - weekday accomodation

Hello, I'm an ex-resident of Harringay now living in Ireland.  I'm currently working in London and looking to rent a room for Mon, Tue and…

Started by Moroney in Accommodation Offered/Wanted

0 Jun 29, 2011

Fairground Collective eye closed Hornsey Public Baths as a community design centre for education

Came across this via the mighty Twitter. Worth keeping an eye on? The Hornsey Public Baths site has been vacant for a number of years, an…

Started by Liz in Borough-wide & from Other Local Areas

0 Jun 29, 2011

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service