Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Miscellany (1,488)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Some Interesting Stuff for the Weekend

Humans may have almost gone extinct almost 70,000 years ago China now has the world's largest population of internet users A quarter of a…

Started by Hugh

0 Apr 25, 2008

International Sunflower Guerilla Day

Those folks at guerillagardening.org have set up the International Sunflower Guerilla Day on May 1st to get us all sowing Sunflower seeds i…

Started by Hugh

1 Apr 25, 2008
Reply by Liz

You don't need a cape to be a hero.

I know that they probably aren't reading this, but I was so grateful to all the people who helped this hapless mother struggling with a lar…

Started by Liz

6 Apr 21, 2008
Reply by Helen1

Mega Mosque - Love the Building. What about the Builders?

I picked up on this via an interesting mailing related to the London elections (more on which later). I love this building, proposed for a…

Started by Hugh

0 Apr 19, 2008

Biofuels PROTEST - outside Downing Street - Tuesday 15th, 6pm.

Unfortunately from April the 15th the EU is forcing all car drivers to fill up with fuel with a biofuel mixed in. These biofuels are source…

Started by matt

0 Apr 11, 2008

Ecotowns

I thought some members may be interested in the Government's just-published Eco Town Prospectus. Attached below.

Started by Hugh

2 Apr 8, 2008
Reply by Hugh

Some stuff that you don't need........

like Wickd T-shirts - (T-shirts with mobile phone readable weblinks) and Eleven Forty (Silver Cufflinks designed in the likeness of your…

Started by Hugh

1 Apr 3, 2008
Reply by GK/OD

For All You Tree Huggers........Don't Hug 'em, Plant 'em.

Take a look at Tree Nation - an ecological project with a focused objective: To plant 8 million trees in Niger, Africa to fight desertifica…

Started by Hugh

0 Apr 2, 2008

Silly Stuff (but kinda fun) - Wind-Powered Decorative Lights

See www.firewinder.com

Started by Hugh

1 Mar 27, 2008
Reply by Sandi

Scientology Protest in Tott Ct Rd

Down in town today I came across a big protest against Scientology. Not local, I know, but I couldn't resist posting this photo - a visuall…

Started by Hugh

7 Mar 16, 2008
Reply by John McMullan

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service