Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local News and Stories from HoL (1,005)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Anyone Got a Picture of Stroud Green War Memorial?

Does anyone perchance have an image of the war memorial from Holy Trinity Church in Stroud Green (https://www.iwm.org.uk/memorials/item/mem

Started by Hugh

5 Jul 20, 2018
Reply by Hugh

Nature Notes: Why I love being a volunteer on the Schools Project at Railway Fields

As the summer term draws slowly to its end and schools wind down for the holidays, we volunteer Environment Officers can look back on a won…

Started by Liz

0 Jul 19, 2018

Child's death directly blamed on air pollution in London: when will we wake up to the danger of our terrible air quality?

Not sure what will be the wake up call for Londoners about our filthy air and its threat to our health, but this story of a child's death i…

Started by Liz

18 Jul 15, 2018
Reply by kotkas

(Not for the first time) Bollywood Comes to Harringay

Whizzing past the Salisbury on the bus, I snapped these pictures of the filming there which I'm told is of a Bollywood film. Bonus points i…

Started by Liz

1 Jul 13, 2018
Reply by matt

New Trains Announced for Piccadilly Line

TfL has announced that it placing a £1.5bn order to design and build almost 100 new tube trains for use on the Piccadilly line. This ord…

Started by Hugh

23 Jul 8, 2018
Reply by Gordon T

Nature notes extra: Five things I read this week and a sunset

Plastic Free July This July, the Marine Conservation Society is challenging you to go plastic free. With more than 8 million tons of plasti…

Started by Liz

1 Jul 6, 2018
Reply by josephine

Nature notes: Bumblebees thrive in towns more than in the country

In the news this week it was revealed that bumblebees are now faring better in towns and cities than in fields. Researchers from Royal Holl…

Started by Liz

0 Jul 5, 2018

Nature notes: scenes from a secret wild garden in the heart of Harringay

The oxeye daisies are dancing, purple knapweed blazes, huge heads of yarrow push up through the grasses and the daisies, mauve tufted vetch…

Started by Liz

2 Jun 29, 2018
Reply by Charlotte A

Stath Lets Flats - new C4 series based in Harringay?

Does anyone know anything about this new C4 series? In one bit of the Guardian it mentions it being set around Green Lanes (accompanied by…

Started by Alison P

4 Jun 29, 2018
Reply by Andrina Bamber

Is time running out for UK Parks?

Haringey's Dave Morris, in his capacity as Chair of the National Federation of Parks and Green Spaces, says so.  He continues, “Budget cuts…

Started by Liz

3 Jun 22, 2018
Reply by Straw Cat

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service