Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local News and Stories from HoL (1,007)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Chettle Court's Future in Doubt

Chettle Court, 1988, Photo: Tower Block UK According the Defend Haringey Council Housing organisation, Chettle Court and Stokely Court, a…

Started by Hugh

30 Nov 12, 2021
Reply by Inger Nordby

Andy Newman

Andy Newman (far left) with Gardens residents at the community garden I am very sad to share the news that  Andy Newman of The Gardens Res…

Started by HoL Site Admin

14 Nov 5, 2021
Reply by HoL Site Admin

Ride buses from the 1950s and 60s in Muswell Hill this autumn

On Sunday 7th November the London Omnibus Traction Society (LOTS) will be running buses from the 1950s and 1960s in the Muswell Hill area…

1 Nov 5, 2021
Reply by Miriam De Andres

Plans to breathe new life into Civic Centre

I like the Civic Centre. I was delighted when it got listed a few years back and am pleased to read the following press release about a p…

Started by Hugh

5 Oct 19, 2021
Reply by janice

Ladder Healthy Streets Zoom Meeting with Haringey Traffic Boss

The Ladder Healthy Streets group are holding an online Q&A with deputy of the Council and traffic lead Mike Hakata on Monday evening (1…

0 Oct 15, 2021

Another Bus Crash at Ferme Park Road / Tottenham Lane Roundabout

20 years ago a bus crashed into the roun dabout by Ferme Park Road/ Tottenham Lane. This was Chimes Terrace on the west side of the same ro…

Started by Hugh

31 Sep 25, 2021
Reply by Don

Farewell Wood Green historian Albert Pinching

Sadly, prolific Wood Green historian Albert Pinching died on 31st of July 2021. Albert was born in Islington. After a career in technical m…

Started by Hugh

2 Sep 24, 2021
Reply by Straw Cat

Four four-bed houses planned for garages-plot for St Margaret's Ave / Mountview Court

Planning application details on Haringey website.  Full planning application here.

Started by Hugh

5 Sep 24, 2021
Reply by Zena Brabazon

What happened to mask-wearing on public transport??

It seems to me that over the past two or three weeks, mask-wearing in public transport seems to have declined from relatively high levels t…

Started by Hugh

20 Sep 3, 2021
Reply by Ben

Might the Latin Market be saved?

The webs this morning yielded a sign of hope for those who've been campagining to save the Latin Market in Seven Sisters. 

Started by Hugh

2 Aug 27, 2021
Reply by ingo pless

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service