Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local History (See History Group for main postings) (478)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Umfreville gets 2nd Virtual Blue Plaque

So the southern end of the Ladder seems to be walking it in the virtual blue plaque stakes. We just added air ace and civil aviation pion…

Started by Hugh

11 Jul 14, 2010
Reply by Hugh

How did you spend your teenage years in Harringay?

I didn't grow up in Harringay but I know there are a fair few people on the site that did so I've got a question for you .How did you spend…

Started by Liz

2 May 9, 2010

New River Tower

For discussions tagged New River Tower in the History Group, click here. (The tags in our software don't link across various parts of the w…

Started by Hugh

0 Oct 6, 2009

Finsbury Park - 140 Years Old on 7th August

I noticed over the weekend that Finsbury Park was opened on 7th August 1869 which means it will have its 140th birthday in just under two w…

Started by Hugh

4 Aug 4, 2009
Reply by Hugh

"Far Flung Wastes of Harringay"! Well, that's nice innit!

Following up a lead on a story about a two week visit of the Philadelphia Orchestra to Harringay Arena in 1949 (I know, sad git), I came ac…

Started by Hugh

1 Dec 6, 2008

Harringay Arena - closed 50 years ago today

Spare a moment for the old girl. Visit our Arena photos page. Have a look at these three old film clips- one two three. And have a quick…

Started by Hugh

16 Oct 31, 2008
Reply by Hugh

Did you see or were you part of the Horse of the Year shows at the Harringay arena?

As you may know, Harringay arena was home of the Horse of the Year Show for its first ten years, from 1949 to 1958. In its final year at H…

Started by Liz

4 Jul 7, 2008
Reply by Liz

Miscellany of Harringay Newspaper Cuttings from 19th & early/mid 20th Centuries

The Guardian have just digitised their newspaer archive and put it on-line (Actually you can get one day's free use at the moment at Guardi…

Started by Hugh

0 Nov 6, 2007

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service