Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local History (See History Group for main postings) (473)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Nothing to Prove - the Racing Cheetahs of Harringay

I just came across this 1997 Audi advert featuring one of the Harringay racing cheetahs. This photo shows what one of the problems may we…

Started by Hugh

0 Dec 20, 2013

Does anyone know what this building along the New River is - or was?

The other day, whilst out for a walk, I noticed this rather fine building on the far bank of the stretch of the New River than you can walk…

Started by Hugh D

9 Dec 6, 2013
Reply by Simon Lewandowski

Pamphlet on New River history

Hi folks,   I thought some Harringay residents might be interested in a new publication that covers some local history, around the New Rive…

Started by John Tyre

1 Nov 6, 2013
Reply by Hugh

Northumberland House Private Mental Hospital 1935

Leafing through Kelly's directory of 1935 I found a reference to Northumberland House private mental hospital which was situated about wher…

Started by Michael Anderson

6 Oct 31, 2013
Reply by Geoff Bell

Historical maps of London overlaid on Google Maps

Aight, fellow map nerds of Harringay (and I know you're out there, from previous threads on HOL, not to mention the great eBay map-buying s…

Started by empyrean_aisles

7 Aug 29, 2013
Reply by Michael Anderson

Bullocks on the line but where was the Harringay Cattle dock?

On November 9th 1954 the Edinburgh train out of King's Cross was held up by bullocks on the line. Where had they come from? The Harringay c…

Started by Liz

3 Jun 27, 2013
Reply by Liz

Before Disney's there was............

........Hughes Bros. For the first 12 years of Grand Parade's life Hughes Bros "Temple of Fashion" graced 34 - 36 Grand Parade. Thanks to A…

Started by Hugh

4 Jun 2, 2013
Reply by Michael Anderson

Why Manor House holds a Special Place in the Heart of every London Cabbie

Manor House holds a special place in the heart of every London cabbie. Fascinating fact of the day: Out of over 25,000 streets and 400 ro…

Started by Hugh

7 Mar 26, 2013
Reply by Richard Woods

1950s North Harringay Playground Games

Boys playing street football in London, 1950s A question emailed in from a old Harringavian. Can you help? Does anyone remember the boys p…

Started by Hugh

15 Mar 23, 2013
Reply by John D

Manor House Station 80th Birthday Open Day - 16 March

According to posters up in the station today, Manor House Station will be hosting an open day on Saturday 16 March 1000-1600 to mark the 80…

Started by ElleCarumba

8 Mar 13, 2013
Reply by Hugh

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service