Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Ideas for Better City Living (230)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Newham Council creates London's first Neighbourhood Improvement Zone

Spotted a reference to this is the Standard yesterday and will ask Cllr Canver to comment on the possibility of using it in Harringay: An…

Started by Hugh

0 Dec 1, 2009

Artists' creative use of vacant shops brings life to desolate high streets

Artists have begun 'colonising' free space in high street shops left by the recession. The data company Experian estimates that around one…

Started by Hugh

23 Aug 3, 2009
Reply by Liz

Transferring Assets to Residents

I think Matt has mentioned this a couple of times before. Today this crew found me on Twitter. So if anyone's up for a bit of Asset transfe…

Started by Hugh

12 Jun 19, 2009
Reply by Alan Stanton

Looking after our town centres

Just came across this newly published short guide on looking after our town centres. It's not really aimed at residents but it offers use…

Started by Hugh

0 Apr 22, 2009

Support from Councilor Cooke for using those empty spaces

Following a number of posts on this site about making good use of empty shops through these tough times, it's great to see one of our Harin…

Started by Hugh

1 Apr 17, 2009
Reply by Dinendra

Update on those empty shops...........

Following my post a couple of months ago on using empty spaces as creative places (and other subsequent discussions), The Guardian today…

Started by Hugh

2 Apr 16, 2009
Reply by Liz

the road witch trial - creativity against speeding traffic

Today I stumbled across this guy Ted Dewan and his roadwitch trial - unbelievably inspiring stuff. well worth checking this video of him ta…

Started by dan burgess

32 Apr 2, 2009
Reply by dan burgess

Free store - how creative is that!

Following on from my earlier post about Creative Spaces for Empty Places, a shop in New York has another spin on the idea. The Free Stor…

Started by Hugh

0 Mar 28, 2009

Carrot and Stick approach needed to littering

Litter in the UK has soared by 500% since the 1960s! Don't we know it? Litter costs us in the UK £500m each year and its not just resident…

Started by Liz

2 Mar 10, 2009
Reply by Liz

LGA supports call to use empty shops for community projects.

As a follow on to Hugh's post about creative uses for empty shops. the Local Government Association (LGA) which says four out of five counc…

Started by Liz

11 Mar 6, 2009
Reply by Hugh

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service