Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Ideas for Better City Living (230)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fruit Tree City

Fruit City is a growing map and network of all the fruit trees in public spaces in London. Logged and mapped by the Fruit City team and…

Started by Hugh

3 Jun 4, 2011
Reply by Chris Setz

Window Farming

"Window farming," as it is called, is catching on in New York City and beyond. Window farmers use recycled 1.5 liter water bottles, clay…

Started by Hugh

3 May 30, 2011
Reply by Hugh

Hens in your garden?

Via Stroud Green Residents Association:Is anyone interested in having Lavender Araucuna hens in the garden? A local nursery school is looki…

Started by Hugh

3 May 1, 2011

Project fights street harrassment with mobile technology

There have been a few posts on HoL where women have mentioned issues with being harrassed by groups of guys on the street. So I thought…

Started by Hugh

2 Apr 3, 2011
Reply by Jen Wallis

Art in the Laundrette

Reading one of my favourite blogs, Thriving too, I came across this post by Tessy about The Laundromat Project which is a community-based p…

Started by Liz

0 Mar 31, 2011

Placestation - get support to use unused buildings in our hood

The Place Station introduces owners of land and buildings across the UK to social and community entrepreneurs with ideas for transforming t…

Started by Hugh

1 Feb 14, 2011
Reply by Hugh

somewhereto.com

Connecting those that have with those that want access to space that young people could use to do the things they're passionate about.  …

Started by Hugh

0 Feb 13, 2011

It's not snow, it's traffic calming

Important lessons from New York about how snow banks "take back space" , slow down traffic and do not hinder drivers at all in going about…

Started by Liz

4 Feb 10, 2011
Reply by Liz

The 'Home Zone' effect on children's play

Mike Biddulph from Cardiff University is conducting research into street design. His evidence suggests that children in particular are bene…

Started by Liz

2 Jan 28, 2011
Reply by jono clay-michael PS25YR

"I Value the Arts" campaign

Organised by the National Campaign for the Arts, the  I Value the Arts campaign is trying to give a voice to peopl…

Started by Hugh

0 Jan 12, 2011

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service