Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Ideas for Better City Living (230)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New SimCity game used to do traffic planning

A guy up in Manchester has used the new SimCity (still in Beta though) to work out what causes the traffic jams in his town. See it here.

Started by John McMullan

1 Feb 25, 2013
Reply by Anette

How to design the perfect playground

Günter Beltzig, designer of the wonderful Diana Memorial Playground amongst many others, offers his golden rules for the perfect playground…

Started by Liz

1 Feb 16, 2013

30 minute free parking in Haringey

At the risk of releasing another deluge of blog posts I have been asked to put up the final version of the letter to Lynne Featherstone abo…

Started by Pamela Harling

5 Feb 14, 2013
Reply by John D

Comfortable, warm homes that don't cost the earth

The 21st century homes event up in Muswell Hill last weekend was attended by around 100 people. There was a chance to hear from home owners…

Started by Pamela Harling

0 Feb 6, 2013

Brazilian city finds a cool way to use QR codes

QR or Quick Response codes are being embedded into pavements on Ipanema beach and all over Rio de Janeiro. Craftsmen are using the same typ…

Started by Liz

1 Jan 26, 2013
Reply by John McMullan

Taking care of our high streets takes action and creative thinking

From an article from the Guardian, some ideas on how the apparent collapse of the British High Street can be arrested with some creative th…

Started by Liz

1 Jan 25, 2013

The power of branding in creating positive change in your 'hood

An article from GOOD suggests that while a powerful brand identity isn't a cure all for a neighbourhood's problems, there's evidence that i…

Started by Liz

24 Jan 17, 2013
Reply by Geoff

More parks, less car parks

Time to rethink our public space and claim it back from the car? Daniel Cooper suggests in this audio slideshow that the time is now

Started by Liz

1 Jan 15, 2013
Reply by Clive Carter

organic packed food in bulk (not fresh produced) buying group

Hi, I am considering to order organic food and maybe other stuff from Infinity Foods. The minimum order is £250 ex VAT, which is a lot for…

Started by ana p

3 Dec 29, 2012
Reply by ana p

8-80 Cities

I've recently been making gentle fun of the fashion for initiatives to have numbers instead of names. Haringey's 12 in 2012 is an obvious -…

Started by Alan Stanton

7 Nov 30, 2012
Reply by Grant

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service