Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Council Services Local Democracy & Politics (2,248)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Create your own Council

Feeling frustrated with hyperlcoal democracy? If you want to have a more direct influence on the way your neighbourhood is goverened and…

Started by Hugh

0 Sep 28, 2011

Why waste our waste

I wish Haringey Council would recycle the tons of waste produced daily by catering businesses in Green Lanes. Whilst private homes see thei…

Started by Cem Kaplan ( Cafe Lemon )

8 Sep 26, 2011
Reply by Cem Kaplan ( Cafe Lemon )

New powers to evict tenants that persistently indulge in anti-social behaviour

Housing Minister Grant Shapps recently announced plans to speed up the time it sometimes takes to evict tenants that persistently indulge i…

Started by Hugh

23 Sep 23, 2011
Reply by Alan Stanton

How the Boundary Commission's proposed changes to constituencies may affect Haringey voters

The full document can be read here [pdf] but the main changes to constituency boundaries that affect Haringey voting wards appear to be as…

Started by HoL Site Admin

13 Sep 13, 2011
Reply by Richard McKeever

Councils told to drop personal questionnaires

FOR YEARS councils throughout Britain have been burning real money (taxpayers cash) in an extraordinarily useless way. The collection of re…

Started by Clive Carter

7 Sep 3, 2011
Reply by Clive Carter

Paying online for parking permits and printing them out yourself

Has anyone else done this? I did it last night and printed the permit out - but it looks so crappy in B&W that I'm nervous the wardens…

Started by Alison P

14 Aug 26, 2011
Reply by mrs finch

"Help stop council waste on £3.3 million new IT"

I have received an email from Haringey LibDems about this and thought some members may be interested: "This month Labour councillors decid…

Started by Lesley Ramm

2 Aug 24, 2011
Reply by Inkjetpack

Confusing pay & display / business bays on ladder roads - any successful challenges?

My sister-in-law has had an appeal refused for a parking ticket received when visiting us. As we had no visitor permits (due to closure of…

Started by GillianM

8 Aug 18, 2011
Reply by GillianM

Response to the riots: Haringey's chief executive's perspective

As I reflect now nearly one week on from the events in Tottenham last week, I think many colleagues will understand how I am feeling. What…

Started by Hugh

4 Aug 10, 2011
Reply by pamish

CARPETRIGHT-CARTOON IN DAILY MAIL

In yesterday's DM this cartoon featuring the old Tottenham Co-op building    “Here’s to more oppressive policing.”    

Started by Lesley Ramm

6 Aug 10, 2011
Reply by GillianM

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service