Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Community News, Issues, Chat & Information (8,555)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New River - cloudy not clear!

Just noticed that the river, usually clear enough to see the bottom, is completely cloudy/milky. Run off from recent rains? Silt or pollut…

Started by Nicholas

8 Sep 28, 2010
Reply by Liz

Grants available for funding Sports Activities

Applications for PlaySport London: Free Sport Round 2 are open from now until Friday 8 October and grants of up to £1,500 are available to…

Started by Liz

0 Sep 27, 2010

Wood Green Animal Shelter 'flooded' with unwanted animals

A sign that the recession is biting... Wood Green Animal Shelter in Lordship Lane, Wood Green is desperate for help as it is now full up w…

Started by Liz

3 Sep 25, 2010
Reply by KP

Join Friends of Stroud Green Library new Yahoo Group!

A new Yahoo group has been formed for the Friends of Stroud Green Library and people with a connection to the library, for example living i…

Started by Liz

2 Sep 24, 2010
Reply by Liz

Haringey Friends of Parks Update

Minutes of general meeting 4th September 2010     Present:   Joan Curtis (Downhills Park) - Chair; Dave Morris (Lordship Rec), Chris Chadwi…

Started by Hugh

0 Sep 23, 2010

The Great Big Bug Fair - some pictures of the afternoon

Some snapshots of Saturday afternoon's event in the Gardens Community Garden Click to view larger

Started by Liz

1 Sep 23, 2010
Reply by Liz

Ban the Banners

Some of you may recall that in Aug. 2010 I mounted a campaign to have the garish Kentucky Fried Chicken lamppost banners removed from Crouc…

Started by Brian

16 Sep 22, 2010
Reply by Maddy

Art Around My Kitchen Table

Would you like to learn to draw, paint, or explore simple printmaking techniques? I am starting an entirely new range of short courses a…

Started by jane Human

1 Sep 22, 2010
Reply by Hugh

Latest Harringay Planning Applications

This week two applications to note: - Hornsey Station yard (as already noted by John D) - conversion of a property in Vale Road to a place…

Started by HoL Site Admin

0 Sep 21, 2010

New Speed Cameras To Blitz 20mph Zones

The war on speeding is moving up a gear with plans for new high-tech cameras to police 20mph zones in suburban streets. Read the story a t…

Started by Hugh

15 Sep 18, 2010
Reply by Alan Stanton

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service