Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Community News, Issues, Chat & Information (8,534)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Make a Difference and help change Wood Green High Street

I don't think that I have ever disguised my dislike of Wood Green High Street and it’s never ending pound shops, takeaways and betting shop…

Started by Tammy Palmer

78 Jun 13, 2011
Reply by Julia Bell

An imagining... another canal in Harringay

Here's one for Lothair Road residents... watching Julia Bradbury on telly having a lovely stroll along a canal, my husband and I said to ou…

Started by Zoe Healey

0 Jun 13, 2011

Next batch of London Tube strike dates announced

Tube drivers are to strike four times in two weeks in a continuing row over the sacking of a colleague. The Rail Maritime and Transport un…

Started by Hugh

0 Jun 13, 2011

Fortismere music scholarship places

If you have a child that will be starting secondary school in September 2012 (next year) and you would like to apply for one of the 24 plac…

Started by John McMullan

0 Jun 12, 2011

Government invitation for residents to declutter their streets

In another sign of the roll-back of local government powers, Grant Shapps today made another announcement about the apparently increasing p…

Started by HoL Site Admin

3 Jun 11, 2011
Reply by John McMullan

The Dinosaur of Crouch End

"A Flash of Teeth, A Fearsome Roar, He is the Crouch End Dinosaur."   More here

Started by Hugh

1 Jun 11, 2011
Reply by Hugh

Geographically accurate tube map

All the way from France via a Birmingham blogger, I came across this nice geographically accurate London Tube map. A nice addition to th…

Started by Hugh

20 Jun 11, 2011
Reply by pamish

Anti-militarist magazine holds birthday party in Harringay

Dennis Gould, anarchist poet, at the party   International anti-militarist magazine Peace News held its 75th birthday party in the old chur…

Started by Hugh

0 Jun 10, 2011

Haringey Heartlands – Reasons to be concerned!

There have been recent posts on this Forum expressing concerns about the likely loss of the historic gasholders on the Heartlands site. Qui…

Started by Colin Marr

2 Jun 10, 2011
Reply by Hugh

Power–Up London 2011: Weekend event for citizens on planning, the law and your rights

Power Up 2011   From the organisers:     Power Up returns to share our knowledge and understanding about environmental justice, rights…

Started by HoL Site Admin

0 Jun 10, 2011

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service