Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Community News, Issues, Chat & Information (8,581)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Douze points for chutzpah Berkley Homes

On my way back from Islington this afternoon, I noticed a little yellow estate agent's sign for "Woodberry Park". Aha, that's the Woodberr…

Started by Hugh

11 Jul 1, 2011
Reply by Hugh

Frogs

I've just moved next to the New River and for the last few days our garden has been inundated with hundreds of tiny brown frogs. Is this an…

Started by

15 Jul 1, 2011
Reply by Nicky

Victoria Line closed all weekend

On Saturday and Sunday, there is no service on the entire line.   http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/projectsandschemes/18070.aspx

Started by HoL Site Admin

5 Jul 1, 2011
Reply by StephenBln

One very good reason not to try and smoke on the Underground

Nasty cautionary tale for people trying to have a sly smoke on the London Underground. If you've a strongish stomach read this entry on th…

Started by Hugh

13 Jun 30, 2011
Reply by Hugh

A Gorgeous Front Garden

I take pictures of front gardens. Their uses and abuses in Harringay fascinate me. I often wonder how people can bear piles of rubbish outs…

Started by Liz

6 Jun 30, 2011
Reply by Alison P

BBC looks at First Capital Connect's use of Twitter

There was an interesting piece on the BBC earlier in the week about whether train companies are making effective use of social media. Ou…

Started by Hugh

0 Jun 30, 2011

Chestnuts Park this morning

Anyone know what happened in Chestnuts Park last night / this morning ?   The area around the northern-most gate on Blackboy Lane was cordo…

Started by h4k

0 Jun 29, 2011

Jamboree Playhut Celebration. Please join us and show your support for this community resource

Jamboree Play Hut  & Transition Finsbury Park   Invite you to our   Family Garden Party & launch of ‘Finsbury Fruits’ Community Gro…

Started by JD

0 Jun 28, 2011

Get 15 tonnes of eco-compost for your community or school garden, (just like South Harringay schools)

You may be eligible to receive 15 tonnes of EcoPark compost for your school or community garden. To find out more please contact London Was…

Started by Liz

0 Jun 28, 2011

An answer to the bin problem on narrow Harringay streets?

There are a few streets in Harringay where the front gardens are rather tiny, are filled with steps or non-existent. One wheelie bin and a…

Started by Liz

1 Jun 28, 2011
Reply by pamish

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service