Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Community News, Issues, Chat & Information (8,543)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Turkish Poodle in Harringay

Can anyone decode this cartoon for me? I've asked the author but have had no reply as yet. It's entitled "A Turkish Poodle in Harringay"  …

Started by Hugh

3 Dec 6, 2011

What's your favourite winter read?

The Guardian has started a series of columns called Winter Reads with two cracking recommendations. I don't know about you but I'm a season…

Started by Liz

21 Dec 6, 2011
Reply by Liz

artists studios - Old Firestation on Conway Road

I have had my eye on the old fire station building (now called Coombes Croft) on Conway Road as a brilliant site for artists studios for ab…

Started by rolfy

13 Dec 5, 2011
Reply by James C

The Queens Head closes temporarily [UPDATED]

At the Friends of Ducketts Common meeting last week, we were told by a local resident that The Queens Head has had it alcohol licence remov…

Started by Adam

17 Dec 5, 2011
Reply by John McMullan

Is there a HOL Christmas charity appeal/donation?

I was listening to the R4 appeal earlier and I'm sure there was one on here last year (??)   If there is one already set up, could you poin…

Started by Angela

1 Dec 4, 2011
Reply by Liz

Cabs and baby seats

This is just a warning to parents that if you call a cab that offers you a baby seat, do check they've actually attached it to the car. I g…

Started by Louise Nazeraj

2 Dec 4, 2011
Reply by Louise Nazeraj

Haringey's twin town

I didn't really want to add a discussion - but the 'one-off' comment band has disappeared! According to the BBC, "Officials in the western…

Started by StephenBln

4 Dec 4, 2011

Harringay Christmas Tree Switch On Postponed

Rob Chau of Harringay Traders has just called me to ask me to let people know that tonight's Christmas tree lights switch on has been postp…

Started by Hugh

16 Dec 4, 2011
Reply by Angela

Fly-tipping my Postman and the Bribery Act

Dear Auntie HOL, Can someone recommend a good Bribery Lawyer (tipping). Over recent years I have been tipping our Singing (sic) Postman to…

Started by Old-Age-Emporium(OAE)

1 Dec 4, 2011
Reply by tigha

FixMyTransport system hacked by Harringay bus campaigner

FixMyTransport the new public transport problem reporting system from the guys at FixMyStreet appears to have been hacked by Wightman Road…

Started by Hugh

2 Dec 4, 2011
Reply by Alan Stanton

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service