Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Priory Park was created in two sections. Two parcels of land at the eastern and southern ends were purchased in 1891 by the Borough of Hornsey and opened in 1896 as the Middle Lane Pleasure Grounds. In 1926 the western section was added after the acquisition of another piece of land.

The first photo above looks like it was shot in the Edwardian era, probably around 1905. 

This second photo is shot looking north east across the park towards Middle. Given the maturity of the trees along the Middle Lane boundary, this must have been quite an early photo.  The circular raised bed looks like it was where the St Paul's Cathedral fountain was put in 1909.

This last photo is shot in the same direction as the previous one, but from a little further south.

Views: 205

Tags (All lower case. Use " " for multiple word tags): priory park
Albums: Historical Images of Hornsey | 2 of 2

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Harringay online to add comments!

Join Harringay online


© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service