Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Priory Park, towards Middle Lane, c 1905

There are many pictures of Priory Park (or Hornsey Garedns as it used to be called), but what makes this one usual is the view of the old Methodist church on Middle Lane, now long gone.

At the time the photo was taken several large houses still stood on Middle Lane. To the immediate right of the photo stood a big old house called 'The Chestnuts'. Immediately next to the church to it's right was 'Hermiston'. Next to that was 'Rokesley House' and next to that 'Elm House'. All that remains of these houses is their names which each has bequeathed to the present day road that replaced them.

Views: 143

Tags (All lower case. Use " " for multiple word tags): middle lane, priory park
Albums: Historical Images of Hornsey | 1 of 2 (F)

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Harringay online to add comments!

Join Harringay online

Advertising

© 2023   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service