Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Geraldine's Discussions (413)

Discussions Replied To (91) Replies Latest Activity

"Fascinating tale of interwoven lives, Hugh.  John Lewis and his beginning in retail…"

Geraldine replied Sep 14, 2021 to A whiff of scandal, the chink of coin, a dose of mismanagement and the Grand Old Man of Cricket: Harringay Cricket Field in the Golden Age of Cricket

14 Sep 18, 2021
Reply by Geoffrey Walker

"Lovely video.  Thanks, Hugh.  We were keen photographers in our teens.  I've one pho…"

Geraldine replied Aug 13, 2021 to The 'Magic Electric Bottle' and other Hewitt Road specialities

7 Aug 13, 2021
Reply by Geraldine

"My mother used to paint photographs in water colours.  When I was a child, I thought…"

Geraldine replied Aug 12, 2021 to The 'Magic Electric Bottle' and other Hewitt Road specialities

7 Aug 13, 2021
Reply by Geraldine

"Do you think he had family in France?  Casbon is a French name.  Huguenot perhaps?"

Geraldine replied Jul 4, 2021 to Pioneering divorce for women, a suicide and Henri Cartier Bresson - a tale of a local Victorian photographer's family

11 Mar 9
Reply by Hugh

"How interesting and fascinating this is!  Thank you, Hugh."

Geraldine replied Jul 3, 2021 to Pioneering divorce for women, a suicide and Henri Cartier Bresson - a tale of a local Victorian photographer's family

11 Mar 9
Reply by Hugh

"Very good to have the opportunity to read this interesting history of your grandfath…"

Geraldine replied Apr 10, 2021 to From Trooper to Copper - an Edwardian life of service in Wood Green

6 Apr 20, 2021
Reply by John Shulver

"Fascinating, Hugh.  Living to the ripe old age of 93 means we have lived through alm…"

Geraldine replied Apr 10, 2021 to From Trooper to Copper - an Edwardian life of service in Wood Green

6 Apr 20, 2021
Reply by John Shulver

"Eddie - I am still in touch with a couple of schoolfriends.  One said recently, "Do…"

Geraldine replied Apr 3, 2021 to A Regency murder in Harringay

10 Apr 9, 2021
Reply by Richard Woods

"I grew up in Harringay in the 40s and 50s too, Eddie.  We walked everywhere at all h…"

Geraldine replied Apr 2, 2021 to A Regency murder in Harringay

10 Apr 9, 2021
Reply by Richard Woods

"And he was just a boy with probably little or no money of his own.  Easy pickings fo…"

Geraldine replied Apr 2, 2021 to A Regency murder in Harringay

10 Apr 9, 2021
Reply by Richard Woods

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service