Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Geraldine's Discussions (340)

Discussions Replied To (68) Replies Latest Activity

"We too were told it was a house for mad people, said in hushed breath and no details…"

Geraldine replied Aug 22, 2020 to Unique photos of Northumberland House circa 1900

48 Aug 22, 2020
Reply by Geraldine

"Ah, yes.  Know what you mean about memory.  I can remember running along the pavemen…"

Geraldine replied Aug 13, 2020 to A Forgotten Little Corner of Wood Green

36 Apr 18
Reply by John Shulver

"Whenever I see these articles I make myself a cuppa and sit down to a treat.  What m…"

Geraldine replied Aug 12, 2020 to A Forgotten Little Corner of Wood Green

36 Apr 18
Reply by John Shulver

"A brave attempt. There was an article recently on a BBC website discussing why it is…"

Geraldine replied Jul 28, 2020 to Medal Citation For Attempted Rescue in tragic Hornsey Fire

2 Aug 6, 2020
Reply by John Shulver

"I agree with John.  Sometimes my interest in historical discourse flags but your art…"

Geraldine replied Jul 26, 2020 to The Story of the Effingham-Beresford Backlands

23 Feb 26
Reply by Rae Spungles

"I am guessing you drew great enjoyment from this research, Hugh.  We are really fort…"

Geraldine replied Jul 17, 2020 to The Story of the Effingham-Beresford Backlands

23 Feb 26
Reply by Rae Spungles

"Very interesting that there was a Little Russia so close by.  £55k was a lot of mone…"

Geraldine replied Jul 16, 2020 to Queen's Head Match Case

18 Aug 6, 2020
Reply by John Shulver

"Found this on Family Search.  In fact it seems to be a White Russian had less to do…"

18 Aug 6, 2020
Reply by John Shulver

"Sure.  Many Polish immigrants shortened their name; for example, Stok for Stokowski.…"

18 Aug 6, 2020
Reply by John Shulver

"Maybe, but if he was of Jewish descent, white hair a bit unlikely though not impossi…"

18 Aug 6, 2020
Reply by John Shulver

RSS

Advertising

© 2021   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service