Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

.....two come along at once.

So what have we done to deserve this?

Harringay Market is being reborn this week based at the Kurdish Centre in the Gardens, then  a week later a new market is opening up in Harringay Market's first home.  

Let's not even mention another exciting foodie arrival due in the hood in the coming months.

Views: 11237

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So how is all of this turning out eh? Any bets on who will fold first? Will we be left with one market or no market at all? What are the chances of mimicking the Alexandra Palace market and opening on alternate weekends/locations?

I disagree. I walk past one to go tother other, I notice others do too. I know that the previous market at South Harringay School was never a vastly successful affair and splitting it in two would never have been considered.

People from Wood Green would go to the Alexandra Palace market. People from Manor House don't venture north.

I hope they both survive so I can get my cheese fix at one or the other. I don't go every week but have been to Falkland Road most so far, it's a bit nearer to walk and also has a good bread stall - didn't see any bread at Portland Gardens (unless it is inside the centre? I didn't venture in). I'd go to Portland Gardens if I had to make a trip to one of the Arena shops. Neither have fresh fish - someone told me the fishmonger that was at South Harringay is now at Alexandra Palace?

I'm no Robert Peston but they both looked like they might need a bit more footfall to survive in the long term...

Plenty at Tottenham Market yesterday! My fella came away with two lovely loaves...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service