Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

.....two come along at once.

So what have we done to deserve this?

Harringay Market is being reborn this week based at the Kurdish Centre in the Gardens, then  a week later a new market is opening up in Harringay Market's first home.  

Let's not even mention another exciting foodie arrival due in the hood in the coming months.

Views: 11240

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Any news on when the Chestnuts Market takes off? Planned a three market walk today but might have to settle for a two market + festival walk.

Exactly Phil, people around here are going to be spoilt for choice! The Chestnuts market is what bounced Jessica back into action, not the other one. Soon the Evening Standard will be reporting the rise of the 'new Dalston' (not the spread east of Crouch End). People, enjoy what's coming your way!
Have you finished stamping your feet now Ant?

Bit unfortunate you're being so cutting Lauren- not really necessary 

Cutting? I'm not being cutting. I just think it's horrible that people are being so mean. People who are normally quite community spirited. It's not community spirited at all! People need to get a grip on reality and the reality is that the market (and Jessica has said this herself in the past) is a business. If someone else wants to start a similar business they have every right to. It's not the job of anybody to say that they can't or shouldn't and slag it off and try to sabotage it before it has even started. It's petty and horrible and I don't want to hear any more of it on here. People need to grow up because they are just making themselves look like spiteful, bitter individuals. We should count ourselves lucky we now have two markets and have the choice which one we want to go to. (Did anyone really go to it every single week anyway? Apart from those who use it as a free crèche? ). If you don't want to go to the new market, don't go. Simple as that. More room for the people who do. It's not nice all this animosity. Have a listen to yourselves & grow up.

I'm a bit confused here. Is the new market being run by the school then? There are a lot of local artists and designers and if the school is going to give them a chance to sell their wares that for me that will be a great selling point.

As I understand it Harringay Market is food only these days.

I don't know why but there's no named contact from the school who is publicly running it. It's not a parent led initiative, and as far as I can tell from 'gossip' (speaking to people whose children go there) it's not a governors initiative either. 

(This comment has been edited by site admin at the request of a HoL member who asked not to be identified).

"This comment has been edited by site admin at the request of a HoL member who asked not to be identified" - this is what happens right before the HoL member convinces the police to issue a Harassment Notice.

We're never so careless, John. We don't leave it to HoL commenters. We take it on ourselves to start with the police, then move on to contact employers and family members.

If anyone wants to know who is behind Faulkland Road market, just ask the traders at Harringay Market. They talk to each other and therefore know everything.

I only heard about the new market today and I live on Falkland Road and my daughter goes to NHP! I have no idea who was involved in making the decision to set it up – i.e., teachers, governors etc – as whoever "they" are have kept it very, very quiet, but I would like to point out that the school has a new head teacher who only started last week and she probably doesn't know anything about the market's history and I imagine will probably be quite alarmed that the school is getting so much flak over this. It would be great if people could set aside their initial anger and support it because I honestly don't think it was set up with malicious intent – i.e., to deliberately scupper the old market – but rather from a desire to do something good for the school, run by the school. 

I have friend's with kids at NHP too Sparkle and I agree with you no one seems to know anything about the market!! Poor new headteacher. Has anyone pointed her in the direction of HOL yet?

In my humble opinion I prefer markets with a mix beyond just food so I'll definitely go to the Falkland one.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service