Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Closed to vehicles at all times (save emergency and service vehicles). ANPR-enforced. Open to cyclists. This is the section between Green Lanes and Seven Sisters Rd, a notorious rat-run, and passing Skinners' Academy - it is also now a School Street with further access restrictions during pupils arrival and departure hours. The section south of Seven Sisters Rd is so far unaffected.

More detail here:  https://rebuildingagreenerhackney.commonplace.is/proposals/woodberr...

John McMullan, break open the champagne!

Tags for Forum Posts: LTN, low traffic neighbourhoods, traffic, woodberry grove

Views: 1499

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We should be trying to enhance connections between all those spaces and make the most of them. North side of the New River at Eade Road could be a park space. 

Do you know anything about the old stadium banking running parallel to Omega Works/ Arena? Is it accessible?

Connecting them is great: overrunning them or any part of them as cycle highways isn't.

Up till about 2013 Stadium Slops listed on London Wildweb as a borough grade II SSI. I included it in the Wikipedia article for Harringay when I rewrote it in 2008(ish). Not so long ago I noticed that the London Wildwbeb website had disappeared. So I dug out the page on the Internet Archive

More recently some local residents have been taking an interest and refer to it as St Ann's Meadow (Harringay Village to follow no doubt).

There are a number of posts here.

It would certainly be better to have any cycle highway on the north bank (within Haringey but still Thames Water land), rather than on the footpath. But, for me, it would still be a shame. It would de-quiet this relatively tranquil walk.

Why does it need to go along the river at all. Surely it's better to make roads suitable for bicycle traffic. Don't vehicles of all sorts belong on roads?

Hello, this is a reply to 

'Do you know anything about the old stadium banking running parallel to Omega Works/ Arena? Is it accessible?'

Local residents have formed a group to protect the Harringay Stadium Slopes (https://fohss.org).

We initially referred to it as 'St Ann's Meadow' as this is the name given to the area by its private owners.  They have formed a company of that name, and their aim is to develop it.  Our aim is to preserve it for wildlife and trees.

Harringay Stadium Slopes is on the Haringey list of Sites of Interest for Nature Conservation (SINC).

It is no longer accessible: the owners have fenced it off, to prevent anti-social behaviour which was rife and a menace to adjoining houses.

FOHSS concerns the East-West section of the slopes.  The North-South (beginning at the railway line and ending near the Omega works) belongs to London and Quadrant.  It is also fenced off.

Delighted to hear that you’ve rebranded. Please keep us all informed of developments. Cycle routes are currently dear to the council’s heart right now. So that might be a train worth hitching a lift on. 

Wouldn't 'Eade Rd has loads of room' be a more logical comment?

Why pave over green space when the infrastructure is already in place for the demarcation of a cycle path. 

Just need to cross the river not take away the green space. Agree Eade Road could also be better. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service