Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I was just wondering this week how the other ladder roads are being affecting by the current Wightman closure.  Are any road benefiting more than others or suffering more traffic.  It would be really interesting to know as I have always thought that Wightman Road is the key to finding a solution the traffic issue on the ladder.

The traffic situation seems much calmer on Endymion both in the morning and evening and I walked down Green Lanes this morning about 7.30am and it didn't seem any more congested than normal (before the closure of WR). I appreciate that there are still issues with the traffic on Hornsey High Street coming down to Turnpike Lane.

Tags for Forum Posts: traffic, wightman bridge, wightman bridge closure

Views: 5369

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is lovely reading some of these comments about how the area has transformed. I used to live on Falkland Road and I know how unpleasant the ladders and Wightman can be. 

I think having Wightman as a absurd. It is understable some feel the residents should take their ''fair share'' but really no residential road like this should be carrying through traffic, so if there are problems on some roads it should be extended.

Ultimately we need fewer journeys made by car and more walked or cycled or by public transport. Incredibly it is already a minority that drive even though Haringey and practically every other borough have prioritised cars. 

Hi Karen

I am a resident of Umfreville Road and the primary carer of my mother (88) who has a diagnosis of dementia (Alzheimer's and vascular) together with mobility problems due to severe osteo-arthritis.  We have agency carers three times a day seven days per week and the Wightman Road closures are just about the last straw for us all.  I have questioned all those coming to us for the last month and without exception they describe travelling to their clients, which is usually but not always by public transport, as "as nightmare".  I have also logged late arrival times (ie later than 10-15 mins) which can result in my mother receiving rushed care which is distressing for her.

I have had one conversation with a ward councillor at a surgery a few weeks ago.  I am not sure what to do next as I do not believe that anyone who can do anything about our situation, whoever that might be, will be able and willing to listen.  Once again, the vulnerable elderly, and their carers, are invisible - they are not "in".  I expect that has now been superseded but I am too busy to keep up with the latest buzz phrases.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service